Rodgers future...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Listened to a bloke on the radio this morning (Graham Bailey) who is supposed to be some sort of guru when it comes to transfer news and he reckoned that Spurs won't give up trying to get Rodgers. He also reckoned that Levy wants a manager for the long term, as in 5 to 10 years, well if that's the case he won't want Rodgers who when one of the real "big" clubs come calling will be off.

Interviewed by Rob Tanner in The Athletic.

For Rodgers, the biggest draw remains the challenge of the job, and he sees Leicester as an unfinished project.

“We still have a lot of work to do here,” Rodgers said recently. “I have a great connection with the players and the board, and we have plans to keep progressing.

“While I have that energy and the happiness, and I see that challenge continue here, I am very happy to be here.”

“I’m very, very happy here, and I’m happy because firstly, I’ve got a set of players that give me their heart and soul every single day,” he says. “Also, I can see a future here in terms of the development of the squad. I’ve got a really strong relationship with the board. We work very closely together.

“For me, I always knew what the challenge was coming here, to try to improve the squad, and I think, over the last couple of years, what we’ve been able to do is build an infrastructure around behaviour and create a mindset in order to win. Now it’s not easy, but it’s taken us a couple of years and you see now the mentality around developing that will and desire to win.

“Now, for the next period of years, let’s see if we can roll that mentality out. Let’s see: can we continually evolve? Tottenham is a great club, one of the biggest clubs in Britain, but for me, I’m just in a really happy place in my life.

“I have a huge respect here for the players, for the board, and I really feel that I want to continue my work here.”

Spurs? Not a chance in hell.

The only issue I have with that is that Celtic fans had similar recent quotes and were convinced he wouldn't leave them too.

I see Graham Potter's name is now in the mix, not a bad idea if we were looking for a replacement that's where I'd go too. I think we'll continue to see Rodgers named until we nail down CL football, I can see him thinking he can do no more if it all collapses again - although I think that less likely this year.

Interviewed by Rob Tanner in The Athletic.

For Rodgers, the biggest draw remains the challenge of the job, and he sees Leicester as an unfinished project.

“We still have a lot of work to do here,” Rodgers said recently. “I have a great connection with the players and the board, and we have plans to keep progressing.

“While I have that energy and the happiness, and I see that challenge continue here, I am very happy to be here.”

“I’m very, very happy here, and I’m happy because firstly, I’ve got a set of players that give me their heart and soul every single day,” he says. “Also, I can see a future here in terms of the development of the squad. I’ve got a really strong relationship with the board. We work very closely together.

“For me, I always knew what the challenge was coming here, to try to improve the squad, and I think, over the last couple of years, what we’ve been able to do is build an infrastructure around behaviour and create a mindset in order to win. Now it’s not easy, but it’s taken us a couple of years and you see now the mentality around developing that will and desire to win.

“Now, for the next period of years, let’s see if we can roll that mentality out. Let’s see: can we continually evolve? Tottenham is a great club, one of the biggest clubs in Britain, but for me, I’m just in a really happy place in my life.

“I have a huge respect here for the players, for the board, and I really feel that I want to continue my work here.”

Spurs? Not a chance in hell.
Sounds like he's off next week then!

If we bottle top 4 and the final, he can **** off to Spurs.

Or we keep him until March, and then sack him off when it comes to crunch time.

While our inability to take advantage of excellent positions in infuriating, any other realistic prospect and we would be mid table with an outside chance of qualifying for Europa.

I think this is as good as it gets for us at the moment, short of a dramatic increase in spending which isn't going to happen

As fans we probably need to accept the Intertoto and chancing finals is where we are at. Ted's ****ing awful negative sideways approach for 60 mins doesn't help but it's showing that our players are nowhere near as good as we or they think they are. Both Cags and Fofana have been absolute shite in recent weeks...worth billions apparently.

Would rather be mid table and come good to qualify than constantly top 4 all season and **** it up every time.

It's demoralising and gets you a reputation

We've been missing a bastard for years now.

Absolutely. Since Huth left.

Evans is a leader but not a shouter.

We need to sacrifice one of our youthful talents for a nastier, angry shouter who will drag others along. Ideally in midfield or central defence.

Rodgers has to take a fair share of the blame tonight. Bad set up and late before making substitutions trying to affect the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757