Rodgers future...

Status
Not open for further replies.
We need to sign some leadership on the pitch
Some (proper) leadership in the dugout would help too. We can do better than Rodgers. Yes, of course we could do worse. And no, I don’t know who would/should replace him. But him leaving for Spurs, or Arsenal, or Rayo Vallecano B might not be the worst thing to happen to Leicester City.

The blessing and curse of Rodgers.

Failure to finish top 4 will be a bastard to absorb.

Won't be his fault though. He'll be off because he didn't have 'the resources to fulfill his ambition' - or whatever justification he comes up with.

Watching him tonight, his face tightening with every ineptitude on the pitch, I wondered if perhaps he is a bottler, can't handle the pressure. He tries to look, and be, all cool calm collected patience. His little notepad, jotting considered thought pieces - is it just a charade? Something he does to calm himself, to get a grip on himself. His security blanket for times of stress? Praps he coaches controlled football on the training pitches. Above all else, to look like a team in control. maybe he wants to take the pressure off the players, allowing them to 'express themselves' on the pitch, whatever that means (Cruyff turns that gift possession?) Yet come the big games, his own pent up anxieties transmit themselves to the players. Net result is that we can't actually handle pressure, we just feign this nonchalant air (that suits Maddison so well) and keep it at all at a distance. Yes, we need a been there, done that bastard in the middle of the pitch, one who knows the game.

I don't want him gone though, I'm just angry, REALLY angry. I want him to learn and accept his own limitations/failures, to grow and learn and accept responsibility rather than point the finger. He's done some great work with us, and I want that to continue, but we're a long way from the finished article.

Won't be his fault though. He'll be off because he didn't have 'the resources to fulfill his ambition' - or whatever justification he comes up with.

Watching him tonight, his face tightening with every ineptitude on the pitch, I wondered if perhaps he is a bottler, can't handle the pressure. He tries to look, and be, all cool calm collected patience. His little notepad, jotting considered thought pieces - is it just a charade? Something he does to calm himself, to get a grip on himself. His security blanket for times of stress? Praps he coaches controlled football on the training pitches. Above all else, to look like a team in control. maybe he wants to take the pressure off the players, allowing them to 'express themselves' on the pitch, whatever that means (Cruyff turns that gift possession?) Yet come the big games, his own pent up anxieties transmit themselves to the players. Net result is that we can't actually handle pressure, we just feign this nonchalant air (that suits Maddison so well) and keep it at all at a distance. Yes, we need a been there, done that bastard in the middle of the pitch, one who knows the game.

I don't want him gone though, I'm just angry, REALLY angry. I want him to learn and accept his own limitations/failures, to grow and learn and accept responsibility rather than point the finger. He's done some great work with us, and I want that to continue, but we're a long way from the finished article.
But the reality is he hasn’t learned from when he bottled winning the title at Liverpool. He hasn’t learned from bottling the top four with us. I dare say had Rangers been in the top flight in Scotland during his time up there and not in the lower divisions he likely would have bottled more than a few trophies up there too. I too want him to learn and grow as a manger. But I also want to have six figure bank account and own a penthouse in Vegas.

Rodgers has taken Leicester as far as he ever will. He has got the most talented squad in Leicesters history and has had more money to spend than any other manager in our history but he can't get this team over the line, as others have said he bottled it elsewhere and won the league when there wasn't any opposition
I wouldn't be sad if he went to Tottenham.

Everyone everywhere now knows everything there is about Rodgers.

If we had any other Premier League manager we would be nowhere near top 4 right now. Even Guardiola would be nowhere near with our budget.

Brendan has managed to get the best out of our young players, improved many of them. He got better Performances out of our fringe players than anyone could have expected.

He is the perfect fit for this team at this time, and we won't go further, with anyone in charge, without significant investment.

I think that we all know the way Rodgers is and what he can do and what his weaknesses are.

I think that he is a fantastic man manager. There are several players we have that are far far better team and individual players due to how Rodgers work with them.
He claims to be learning all the time as a manager but there are still many occasions where it looks like he came here 3 months ago.

I don't think I would be suprised by anything that he does nowadays, whether with us or any other club.

He's a bottler and our tactics are boring as ****. Still got to accept 2 top 6 finishes can't be grumbled at.

We are 3rd in them premier league and in an FA cup final. We've had couple of poor games and a number of you have thrown your toys out of the pram. Get a ****ing grip because before you know it we could be back fighting relegation. Spoilt wankers.

Apparently he's an incredible man manager yet not one of his boys fancied running through walls for him last night.

Does being nice all the time ware off after 30 games?

Some of those jumped up ****ers needed a serious boot last night, I bet he doesn't question their shit mentality.

We are 3rd in them premier league and in an FA cup final. We've had couple of poor games and a number of you have thrown your toys out of the pram. Get a ****ing grip because before you know it we could be back fighting relegation. Spoilt wankers.

You'd still be incapable of a critical analysis if we did get relegated.

What did you make of the game last night? Players and managers performance?

Apparently he's an incredible man manager yet not one of his boys fancied running through walls for him last night.

Some of those jumped up ****ers needed a serious boot last night, I bet he doesn't question their shit mentality.
See I think they did run last night. I think the effort was there. We were just incredibly naiive and made some really bad decisions.

You'd still be incapable of a critical analysis if we did get relegated.

What did you make of the game last night? Players and managers performance?
We were poor.

However the meltdown afterwards is just ridiculous. Having sat through the Pleat era I just appreciate what an incredible ride we are on. At some stage in the future I expect we will have a really bad patch. Christ knows how people will react then.

For what's it's worth I still think we have a good chance of finishing in the top 4 but if we don't I'll still think we've had a great season.

That's what I'm seeing too. There's emphasis on patient build up (fair enough) but all very casual and 'another day at the office' (not fair enough) There's little fight when teams don't play against us the way we might like them to. We seem caught out time and again by the same tactic. The teams that have beaten us (at home particularly) haven't done anything clever, they've just been committed in doing it. We seem to lack that urgency and bite.

I don't know if that's BR's fault but I've no idea who else to question over it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Ipswich4389
2Leicester4288
3Leeds Utd4387
4Southampton4181
5West Brom4372
6Norwich City4371
7Hull City4265
8Coventry City4263