Rodgers future...

Status
Not open for further replies.
On Brendan, said to someone earlier we had clearly identified him as a long term target throughout the Puel-era. Hopefully there would be a plan B.

It does feel that perhaps from his point of view May 2021 might be as good as he could get here. But you can also see the temptation to try one more time and get us into top four and win a European trophy (if indeed he is trying to do the latter). But can’t see right now he would be turning down the next job that came along. I’m certain however when he saw as a stepping stone he was probably thinking more Arsenal or Chelsea than Newcastle.

If he goes I will be disappointed, and worried. He has done a phenomenal job here, and it feels as if we’re at a bit of a crossroads about what comes next. We really need to hang on to our position in the “big eight”….

This is the stupid argument I was referring to in an earlier post. Pointing to other ****s or claiming that other people would be ****s given the chance doesn't give you the right to be a ****, let alone become the biggest **** among ****s.
Thats not what I was saying. If you read the post I point out that very club in the Premier almost without exception has terrible owners. Newcastle owners might be the worst overtly vile (ie murderers) but I don't think we can lay claim to moral high ground in the way that some would believe we can because of investment in new training and £2m gambling chips given to leicester Royal infirmary.

Thats not what I was saying. If you read the post I point out that very club in the Premier almost without exception has terrible owners. Newcastle owners might be the worst overtly vile (ie murderers) but I don't think we can lay claim to moral high ground in the way that some would believe we can because of investment in new training and £2m gambling chips given to leicester Royal infirmary.
I've never pretended the owners of king power are our friends or that they're not crooks, but why can't we claim the moral high ground? They're not bombing and starving an entire country and they don't do financial doping with endless billions in oil money.

I've never pretended the owners of king power are our friends or that they're not crooks, but why can't we claim the moral high ground? They're not bombing and starving an entire country and they don't do financial doping with endless billions in oil money.
My view is more that the Newcastle deal is the tipping point. If you look for a properly defensible set of owners, even ours who are lauded, you can't find them. The games gone and is now in the hands solely of people who have burgled Billions either via state backed monopolies outside the UK or via questionable business empires that use the football as their presentable pr arm. It's not like the 70s with the local Charlie big bollocks living his dream.

My view is more that the Newcastle deal is the tipping point. If you look for a properly defensible set of owners, even ours who are lauded, you can't find them. The games gone and is now in the hands solely of people who have burgled Billions either via state backed monopolies outside the UK or via questionable business empires that use the football as their presentable pr arm. It's not like the 70s with the local Charlie big bollocks living his dream.
a lot of the Charlie big bollockses were labour-stealing ****s too

It's not just football. Football is just more visible. The world is a shit place. England sold its soul long ago.

Nobody is suggesting that King Power are squeaky clean. They're as crooked as Bill Clinton's Johnson and we know that. All billionaires are pretty ****ish otherwise they wouldn't be billionaires. However, settling yourself with the type of corruption involved in making the KP brand what it is, is markedly different from settling yourself with the atrocious, inhuman behaviour we see day in, day out against human beings by Saudi governance.

Our owners' business model may be morally objectionalble, but any **** who endorses the take over of Newcastle by these ****ing animals can set fire to themselves. I'll happily roast a marshmallow or two on them.

...but any **** who endorses the take over of Newcastle by these ****ing animals...

The real irony of the situation is that it wasn't too long ago that Newcastle supporters were joining in the protests against the way Mike Ashley treated his employees.

Sky Sports reporting, via Di Mario, that Rodgers is Newcastle's number one choice.

But Percy's tweet above that Rodgers isn't interested came after that news

I don't think that Brodgers will go to Newcastle actually - he may be tempted £££ though.
No worries actually, we could get Steve Bruce.

Ted would suit something like Man Utd. Somewhere where there's good players who need a manager. Newcastle doesn't make much sense for club or Rodgers....if we had half a billion or so to spend in January I'd just save the half billion and not buy the magic beans he wants.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757