Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe_Fox

Is he banned for the next game?
I love the guy IANGWOC, ugly and fat but clever as a cat.

Cobbo said:
Joe_Fox said:

no, he wasn't booked v's France.

Great stuff! That surprised me. I thought he was on the brink of a red card but clearly not!

Joe_Fox said:
Cobbo said:
Joe_Fox said:

Great stuff! That surprised me. I thought he was on the brink of a red card but clearly not!

Thats a point, people kept saying that on Sunday but if you haven't been booked how can you be on the brink? Unless everyone knew he was gonna commit a red card offence?

Malf said:
Joe_Fox said:
Cobbo said:
Joe_Fox said:

Thats a point, people kept saying that on Sunday but if you haven't been booked how can you be on the brink? Unless everyone knew he was gonna commit a red card offence?

Burglary is a red card offence. Rooney once stole the ref's cards and the ref was bemused. He tried to send him off but had no red card. He just stood with his dick in the breeze and cried himself to sleep. Wanker.

I seem to remember at the time of the Everton game a lot of people on this forum saying that Rooney was shit, Fat, over rated and the rest.

Where are you know you stupid doubters??? (gloats that he may have got one right for once)

he did alright but he's still a nasty, scouse, chav twat.
look at the little 'rat-boy', you just know he'll do your granny's flat by pretending to be the gas man.
he's just plain nasty. I'd shoot him.

Seems quite a shy lad to me actually.

Ofcourse we would all loce him to be totally faceless and so boringly middle class like Michael ****ing Owen. :?

shy?
trying to put his boot in the 'keepers face then swearing at the ref for getting booked?
18 years old?
shy, my arse.
we want him to be a shearer or sir gary, working class he'll never rise to, but at least have some respect for the game...

trickytrev said:
I seem to remember at the time of the Everton game a lot of people on this forum saying that Rooney was shit, Fat, over rated and the rest.

Where are you know you stupid doubters??? (gloats that he may have got one right for once)

He only does well when he's confident and wants to play. When he can't be bothered he's a waste of space.

I went to the last two England friendlies, in the first one he just didn't look interested. He didn't run for anything and was always behind the play.
In the second match he started the same way, but as soon as he got a goal he was a completely different player.

webmaster said:
trickytrev said:

He only does well when he's confident and wants to play. When he can't be bothered he's a waste of space.

I went to the last two England friendlies, in the first one he just didn't look interested. He didn't run for anything and was always behind the play.
In the second match he started the same way, but as soon as he got a goal he was a completely different player.

He is 18 years old Webbo.

Equate it in to every day life.

18 year old blokes will bugger about all year, basuically doss, and then when it comes to their a-level exams cram for a few weeks. Does it mean they will make them bad workers when they are 25? No. Does it mean they will get bad results? No(but the chances of them doing badly is increased.

Rooney is no different. He plays when he is motivated, that just so happens to be Euro 2004 and to say he looks poor when he is not moticated is worng. The potential is there for all to see.

Oh and Scowy, it is far from over the top to say he will be the best olayer in the world. It is quite possible that he will, infact highly probable. I certainly expect him to be the star man in the premeir ship by the time the next Europeand Championships come round. He'll onky be 22!!

I don't think lack of motivation is anything to do with age. If anything young players should be more motivated than older ones who have done it all before.

Young players might have problems motivating themselves for the day to day training, but surely not when it comes to playing football for their country?

I think it's more likely to be a confidence thing, if he isn't confident he'll 'hide' from games by not getting into positions where he can influence the game. Even the best players can go through a dip in confidence from time to time.

webmaster said:
I don't think lack of motivation is anything to do with age. If anything young players should be more motivated than older ones who have done it all before.

Young players might have problems motivating themselves for the day to day training, but surely not when it comes to playing football for their country?

I think it's more likely to be a confidence thing, if he isn't confident he'll 'hide' from games by not getting into positions where he can influence the game. Even the best players can go through a dip in confidence from time to time.

Well from what is aw of the Japan match a large majority of the players had problems motivating themselves for the match. Wouldn't suprise me as Sven seemed totally disinterested in the blatant commercial exercise.

Oh and Scowy, it is far from over the top to say he will be the best olayer in the world. It is quite possible that he will, infact highly probable. I certainly expect him to be the star man in the premeir ship by the time the next Europeand Championships come round. He'll onky be 22!!

I don't think he will be the best player in the world. He is so over hyped by the English media, and those 2 goals against a poor Swiss side has exaggerated it even further.

Don't get me wrong, Rooney is a special talent, but to think he will be the best in the world is over the top to say the least.

Scowcroft said:

I don't think he will be the best player in the world. He is so over hyped by the English media, and those 2 goals against a poor Swiss side has exaggerated it even further.

Don't get me wrong, Rooney is a special talent, but to think he will be the best in the world is over the top to say the least.

He maybe over hyped and the twogoals against Switzerland has evoked an over reactions but...it is impossible to say he wont be the best player in the wolrd. He is certainly the best player of his age in the world.

trickytrev said:
He is certainly the best player of his age in the world.
i'm afraid to say you're right Tricky.

Anyone want to slag Rooney off now? He might be ugly, but the boy can sure play football. Best player in the world IMO, he makes Zidane look a mere novice.

Malf said:
Anyone want to slag Rooney off now? He might be ugly, but the boy can sure play football. Best player in the world IMO, he makes Zidane look a mere novice.

I think he's crap, two left feet, the vision of a bat and about as much fire as a bucket of sand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757