Roy Hodgson

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the first time in my lifetime, I'm going to choose not to bother watching an England world cup game today. I'm going to treat them with the same respect they give to me by picking the reserves.

Shameful decision.

So you're going to make your kids watch? Somebody, call social services!

It's a lazy and incoherent argument that is trotted out far too often. If a manager gets better, somehow this means that all managers will improve if left alone. We can trade names that prove or disprove that all day long. The reality is that success depends on many, many more factors than time spent in post.

Just watch this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8B271L3NtAw

Performances have clearly improved since the Euros, even if we were a little unlucky with results - it's a touch incoherent ignoring that.

The only thing stopping me watching the Italy Uruguay game instead is the fact it will be utterly ****ing wank.

At least Costa Rica are fairly entertaining. I hope they do us.

Milner ain't nearly as bad as Smalling, Jones, or (a 36) Lampard.

Milner should have been in the side, especially since they played an insane 2-4-4 system with not a single attacker with a ****ing clue how to cover a full back or a full back with a ****ing clue how to defend.

Anyway, yes, we're shit.

Last edited:
Why is Frank Lampard playing tonight?

Do the nation owe him an appearance? Such tokenism in a world cup match is pathetic and wasteful.

Not enough pointless friendlies in the year that old Roy feels the need to turn this one into a shit fest as well.

Put the youngest, hungriest side out possible. A side that might actually be appearing in the next tournament.

Why is Frank Lampard playing tonight?

Do the nation owe him an appearance? Such tokenism in a world cup match is pathetic and wasteful.

Not enough pointless friendlies in the year that old Roy feels the need to turn this one into a shit fest as well.

Put the youngest, hungriest side out possible. A side that might actually be appearing in the next tournament.

I'd prefer it if they wheeled LeTiss out for today's match

Barkley looks a decent player.

Can't wait for the nation to systematically and relentlessly strip him of confidence.

Barkley looks a decent player.

Can't wait for the nation to systematically and relentlessly strip him of confidence.

According to ITV his lack of game time is because we don't want to risk him getting injured. Roy is having a mare playing the lad today then.

Barkley now booked and Lilana as well.
We are not looking good.
If this is the shape of things to come then I reckon Jamie Vardy might stand a chance next season if he gets off to a good start

Last edited:
If this is the shape of things to come then I reckon Paul Gallagher might stand a chance next season if he gets off to a good start

You're not wrong, but I'm pretty sure he's Scottish

Absolutely wank.

Hodgson that is...........supposedly we played fantastic.

Really glad to see Lampard, Gerrard and Rooney get some nice game time.

Absolutely wank.

Hodgson that is...........supposedly we played fantastic.

Really glad to see Lampard, Gerrard and Rooney get some nice game time.

Remarkable. He turned a World Cup game into a testimonial.

I wasn't sure if I wanted him fired or not...but the three subs today might have been the tipping point to me.

What in the **** did playing those three achieve?

Well I can't defend any of that. Pointless subs. Delusional post match interview.

He actually managed to kill what little entertainment was on offer with the substitutions.

And judging by the post match interview I think he's losing the plot.

I think it needs reviewing in all honesty. I'm all for stability and I think that has been key to Leicester but I seriously have doubts that he is the man for England.

We need someone in the style of MON.

Had someone like, ooh let's say Sven, presided over this utter shambles, there would be a lynch mob waiting at the airport to cart him off the plane when it lands back in Blighty

Escaping with blue murder, is this duffer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Ipswich4389
2Leicester4288
3Leeds Utd4387
4Southampton4181
5West Brom4372
6Norwich City4371
7Hull City4265