Safe standing to be introduced

Status
Not open for further replies.
But not at our club, who have shown no interest whatsoever

Should definitely bring it back if it means cheaper tickets available to fans.

Should definitely bring it back if it means cheaper tickets available to fans.
I doubt it Safe Standing takes any less space than seating. I can't see it being cheaper.

I doubt it Safe Standing takes any less space than seating. I can't see it being cheaper.
The guy who's been spearheading the campaign said as much today on the radio. The seats won't be removed, just locked up, so they'll only be able to sell the same amount of tickets.

The guy who's been spearheading the campaign said as much today on the radio. The seats won't be removed, just locked up, so they'll only be able to sell the same amount of tickets.
And won't there be a rail in front of each standing place? It's not going to be cheap. No swaying like in the old Kop at Filbert Street!

But not at our club, who have shown no interest whatsoever
Nope. LCFC want a sterile fan group who do as they are told and don't rock the boat.

The guidelines for the trial say that seats must remain and must be not be locked either up or down.

The guidelines for the trial say that seats must remain and must be not be locked either up or down.
Interesting, that's not what the guy said on the radio. Not surprising that nobody involved knows their arse from their elbow, though.

It's exactly what Simon Jordan said on TalkSqualk a few seconds ago.
I meant the spokesperson for whoever are pushing for it, yesterday. They asked the question about cheaper seats and he said not, because the seats would still be there, just locked up, so they could only have one person per space still. He could easily have been wrong.

I meant the spokesperson for whoever are pushing for it, yesterday. They asked the question about cheaper seats and he said not, because the seats would still be there, just locked up, so they could only have one person per space still. He could easily have been wrong.
So could Simon Jordan.

What is certain though is that each standing person will have exactly the same space as a sitting person. Additionally a safety rail will have to be provided; this will be an extra cost for clubs. If anything, standing spaces should cost more than seats.

So could Simon Jordan.

What is certain though is that each standing person will have exactly the same space as a sitting person. Additionally a safety rail will have to be provided; this will be an extra cost for clubs. If anything, standing spaces should cost more than seats.
I thought in Germany they allowed more people in the same area when standing was in operation?

Let's be honest this isn't a plan to reduce prices for fans, it might longer term be a way of increasing stadium capacities but we are long past any chance of football prices dropping by even a penny.

I thought in Germany they allowed more people in the same area when standing was in operation?
It's certainly not going to be allowed in the UK, at least in the trial.
The online Mockery report on the subject confirms the point about seats not been locked.

Not sure how I feel about this.

I used to love standing at the football. Sitting was something I avoided wherever possible. I hated the introduction of all seater stadiums.

However that was 30 years ago.

The stereotype of young fans standing and older ones sitting down is probably true. I'm not sure I can be arsed with standing now.

The make up of attending fans is much older now than it was when standing was the norm. We've priced out younger fans and generally made it far too hard for them to get into grounds. So I get the feeling that the take up of safe standing will be much lower than we'd expect.

Do you have to be in a specific place? The only benefit I can see is if individual fans can get tickets and congregate together. If they can't do that, meh.

I haven't sat down at a home game for 5 years

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Ipswich4389
2Leicester4288
3Leeds Utd4387
4Southampton4284
5West Brom4372
6Norwich City4371
7Hull City4265