New Contract Sammy Braybrooke - 2026

Jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Leicester City is delighted to confirm that talented midfielder Sammy Braybrooke has signed a new long-term contract with the Football Club.

The 18-year-old, who made his first team debut for the Foxes in an EFL Cup victory over Newport County in November, has committed his future to the Club until 2026.

He joined City’s Academy at the age of eight and has risen through the ranks to establish himself as a key player, both for the Under-18s and Development Squad.

His performances at Academy level have also earned him international recognition, with the Wigston-born youngster captaining England’s Under-18s and Under-19s age groups.

Upon signing his new deal, he said: “It’s something that everyone wants, to sign a new contract, extending my stay at the Club I’ve been at since I was eight years old.

“I’m very happy to get it over the line and hopefully I can build on from this and show why I was offered this contract. It shows great faith in me and gives me a lot of confidence, showing that they want me to stay here as long as possible.”

The Club’s renowned Academy - who retained their Category One status last season - have a proud history of developing players for the first team, with the likes of Harvey Barnes, Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall and Luke Thomas all progressing through the pathway.

The trio, who are regular performers under first team manager Brendan Rodgers, have together amassed 229 Premier League games for the Foxes, with Barnes making his senior England debut in October 2020.

We're developing a fine habit of giving new deals to injured players.

It's almost incentivising doing your ACL.

"The Club’s renowned Academy - who retained their Category One status last season - have a proud history of developing players for the first team, with the likes of Harvey Barnes, Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall and Luke Thomas all progressing through the pathway"

That is hardly prolific do not get me wrong Barnes and KDH have done well over the past few seasons but saying the clubs has a renowned academy is a bit of a stretch imo. Good luck to Braybrooke I hope the club filled his contract with lots of incentives to keep him pushing, hopefully turns out to be as good as the other two.

"The Club’s renowned Academy - who retained their Category One status last season - have a proud history of developing players for the first team, with the likes of Harvey Barnes, Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall and Luke Thomas all progressing through the pathway"

That is hardly prolific do not get me wrong Barnes and KDH have done well over the past few seasons but saying the clubs has a renowned academy is a bit of a stretch imo. Good luck to Braybrooke I hope the club filled his contract with lots of incentives to keep him pushing, hopefully turns out to be as good as the other two.
Missing out Chilwell, whose transfer will fund the academy for a while, and Choudhury, whose made more than 80 first team appearances. I can't think of an EPL academy with a better record, can you?

Missing out Chilwell, whose transfer will fund the academy for a while, and Choudhury, whose made more than 80 first team appearances. I can't think of an EPL academy with a better record, can you?
Agreed. Only takes one or two to make it through and we’ve had several.

From Training Ground Guru here is the criteria and table of the top performing academies.

A list was compiled of male English players (ie players eligible in the 2020/21 season to play for the England men’s national team) who played in at least one match for any team in the top five English leagues, based on data from the www.fbref.com website.
1676723549918.png

1676723821790.png

2017/28 Season

1676723938819.png

Here is the link

Eh? Just about all of them have got a better record than we have.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566
9Coventry City4564
10Preston 4563