Save Oadby Town fc

Stewart Walker

Hi guys Oadby town need to raise £10k by noon today or face a winding up order.For more details on how to donate please visit the Oadby Town Twitter or Facebook page thank you

Blaarev

''4 hours to save Oadby town....'' £90 of the necessary £10.000 raised in the first 3 of the 4 hours. Looks grim.....

Stewart Walker

No ideas why it was left so late hope other people like myself have gone straight to the club to make a donation don't look good looking at the fundraising page though it's not been updated for a while

Blue Maniac

Alzheimers sufferer
If they’re going to complete the season I’ll start going to games but throwing money down a black hole of poor decision making and financial mismanagement isn’t all that appealing really.

bocadillo

Water Gypsy
I see that North Ferriby United have gone today. National League only a few years ago and won the FA Trophy at Wembley just four seasons ago. Should have been much better placed than Oadby to survive. It's not easy if you're not at the top.

Robin127

I see that North Ferriby United have gone today. National League only a few years ago and won the FA Trophy at Wembley just four seasons ago. Should have been much better placed than Oadby to survive. It's not easy if you're not at the top.
Didn't that have something to do with a name change the owners wanted or am I getting confused with something else?

bocadillo

Water Gypsy
Didn't that have something to do with a name change the owners wanted or am I getting confused with something else?
Not sure myself. I know that in their successful period they were owned by members of the same family that owned Hull City but I think they've had a couple of owners since then. Liquidated in court this afternoon over a debt of less than £8k owed to a company who provided drainage of their pitch a couple of years ago

Lako42

Not sure myself. I know that in their successful period they were owned by members of the same family that owned Hull City but I think they've had a couple of owners since then. Liquidated in court this afternoon over a debt of less than £8k owed to a company who provided drainage of their pitch a couple of years ago
Yikes, that is grim

Stewart Walker

Oadby really should be much higher up the non league ladder North Ferriby has a population of 3k the population of Oadby and Wigston over 55k bigger then some league clubs

Blue Maniac

Alzheimers sufferer
NFU has been a horribly-run club for a number of years now. Their total debts are considerably more than 8 grand, hence the lack of a willing buyer. There is another North Ferriby team playing at step 7 but that’s a pretty significant club with a big history gone today.

LCFC Twitter

1. Former Foxes striker @TonyCottee9 is excited for the future of #lcfc's @England representatives 👇

2. Last chance to enter our competition to win a signed Wes Morgan shirt! ⚠️

3. #lcfc's youngsters who could feature for their countries today 🌍 🇬🇳 Lamine Kaba Sherif (U23s) 🆚 🇸🇳 - 6pm GMT 🇩🇰 D… https://t.co/Tv3u43vROZ

4. Today's senior international action featuring #lcfc players 🌍 Danny Ward, George Thomas (Wales) 🆚 🇸🇰 - 2pm GMT Jo… https://t.co/mUTbe22iSQ

5. RT @BenChilwell: Its mine now @HarryMaguire93 🦄😂 https://t.co/tSj4XZyd3H

Premier League

P Pld Pts
Liverpool 31  76
Manchester City 30  74
Tottenham  30  61
Arsenal 30  60
Manchester Utd 30  58
Chelsea 30  57
Wolves 30  44
Watford 30  43
West Ham Utd 31  42