Save Oadby Town fc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stewart Walker

Hi guys Oadby town need to raise £10k by noon today or face a winding up order.For more details on how to donate please visit the Oadby Town Twitter or Facebook page thank you

''4 hours to save Oadby town....'' £90 of the necessary £10.000 raised in the first 3 of the 4 hours. Looks grim.....

No ideas why it was left so late hope other people like myself have gone straight to the club to make a donation don't look good looking at the fundraising page though it's not been updated for a while

If they’re going to complete the season I’ll start going to games but throwing money down a black hole of poor decision making and financial mismanagement isn’t all that appealing really.

I see that North Ferriby United have gone today. National League only a few years ago and won the FA Trophy at Wembley just four seasons ago. Should have been much better placed than Oadby to survive. It's not easy if you're not at the top.

I see that North Ferriby United have gone today. National League only a few years ago and won the FA Trophy at Wembley just four seasons ago. Should have been much better placed than Oadby to survive. It's not easy if you're not at the top.

Didn't that have something to do with a name change the owners wanted or am I getting confused with something else?

Didn't that have something to do with a name change the owners wanted or am I getting confused with something else?

Not sure myself. I know that in their successful period they were owned by members of the same family that owned Hull City but I think they've had a couple of owners since then. Liquidated in court this afternoon over a debt of less than £8k owed to a company who provided drainage of their pitch a couple of years ago

Not sure myself. I know that in their successful period they were owned by members of the same family that owned Hull City but I think they've had a couple of owners since then. Liquidated in court this afternoon over a debt of less than £8k owed to a company who provided drainage of their pitch a couple of years ago

Yikes, that is grim

Oadby really should be much higher up the non league ladder North Ferriby has a population of 3k the population of Oadby and Wigston over 55k bigger then some league clubs

NFU has been a horribly-run club for a number of years now. Their total debts are considerably more than 8 grand, hence the lack of a willing buyer. There is another North Ferriby team playing at step 7 but that’s a pretty significant club with a big history gone today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757