Scarborough's Rate and Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cass, the story of Cass Pennant, ICF top boy from the 80s.

No plot, no storyline, f*cking appalling acting, embarrassing script, comic book fighting.
Truly, one of the worst movies I've ever had the misfortune of watching, shockingly bad.

A generous 2/10

Hudsucker Proxy 8/10
Big Lebowski (what I watched of it) 6/10
Starter for 10 6/10
Shaggy Dog 4/10
Some random film about Boxing and Double Dutch (skipping) 5/10
In Bruges 7/10

As you can tell I watched a lot of films sitting on my arse this past week.

Also read Empire twice and Little White Lies (a little magazine, beautifully set out). Some good films out soon - The Wrestler looks very good!

Last edited:
Love the Big Lebowski, can see why people hate it though

madagscar 2 - ok, not as good as the first. kids gave it 7.5/10
bedtime stories - ok, wife & kids gave it 8.5/10. there were a couple of belly laugh moments for me too so 8

My intro to Blu Ray: - Hell boy 2, Mummy 3 and Kung Fu Panda.

Wow, what a difference Blu Ray, HD, 1080p, 100Hz, blah blah blah makes...

As for the films themselves, Hellboy 2 ok ish, 6/10
Kung Fu Panda, liked it 7.5/10
Mummy 3, no more please, 4.5/10, that woman is no Rachel Weiss (however you spell her name)

Got me sen a couple of bargain efforts over the hols

Untouchables 8/10 (Prob the only film I like Kevin Costner)
True Romance 7/10

Mama Mia, bloody loved it, wished I'd made the effort to watch it on the flix 8.5.

I think I have a faulty copy. I believe this film is supposed to produce a "feel good factor", but "good" was the last thing I felt after watching it.

My wife loved Mama Mia she'd give it 11/10 I'd make it 2.5 max.

Righteous Kill 6/10 not as good as the actors should have been
Pineapple whatever 4/10 couldn't get into it so stopped pretty quickly
ping pong playa 5/10
Kung Fu Panda 7.5/10

Keep The Faith - 7.5/10 - Funny Ben Stiller/Ed Norton romantic comedy, oldish

Devils Advocate - 8.5/10 - knew the general concept but still some suprises along the way, good legal type film

The Firm - 8/10 - Another oldie I hadn't seen before, good legal tension

Hancock - 7.5/10 - Not bad, not one of Smith's best

The Waiting Room - 8.5/10 (3/10 from the missus) - A bit of a random londonite independant film with Ralph Little, I enjoyed its quirkiness

outlaw, with sean bean in it.
What a shame, started ok and could have been the new death wish type vigilante film. Just trailed off into nothing. 2/10

outlaw, with sean bean in it.
What a shame, started ok and could have been the new death wish type vigilante film. Just trailed off into nothing. 2/10

I watched that the other night and thought it was crap. Disappointing that Bean took on the role to be honest. Danny Dyer you would expect to keep playing the twat in films that are much of a muchness. I mean, Outlaw is identical to Football Factory - but without the football. These films are boring now.

I watched that the other night and thought it was crap. Disappointing that Bean took on the role to be honest. Danny Dyer you would expect to keep playing the twat in films that are much of a muchness. I mean, Outlaw is identical to Football Factory - but without the football. These films are boring now.

Yeah i thought this was crap when i first saw it. watched it again and was even more dissapointed. I think Sean Bean is a cracking actor bar when saturday comes.
Loved him as a baddie in Goldeneye.

Same old Danny Dyer crap though. expected it from him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  513
2Liverpool512
3Aston Villa512
4Arsenal511
5Chelsea510
6Newcastle510
7Brighton59
8Nottm F59
9Fulham58