Schumacher To Retire...

Status
Not open for further replies.
schmacher rules!!!

i think he's ace, best driver for years. i would have loved to see him racing senna, prost, mansell etc when F1 used to exciting.

You have all been privelidged to witness the greatest F1 driver of all time in his prime. I'm sorry to see him retire.

He took Benetton from nothing to a success, he turned Ferrari into an untouchable F1 team when we already thought when Berger and Alessi were doing a great job.

He knows exactly what is car is doing and why it does it. There has never been a driver in the history of F1 that can feel the slightest thing in his car and report back to the pits to amend it for the next practice lap like Schumy can

I had the good fortune to bump into him in a BP garage, and although we never spoke he gave me a nod and a wink to acknowledge that I knew who he was (I was parked next to him)

Yes, when he was racing Hill I hated him for his unsporting tactics and general British/German rivallry. But I hated him more out of respect and admiration for the guy than a genuine hate like most people seem to.

He has became my favourite F1 driver in living history. Great driver and the sport will be worse off without him

Last edited:
I think most of us grow to dislike people who are just too good. I certainly always want him to lose.

Probably his bad guy image is unfair though. His apparent aloofness is because he's basically a rather shy, private person, and extremely focussed on what he is doing. It always seems to me that he is immensely popular with his mechanics, and close to them. A german friend once told me that he is also very popular in his local community, as he lacks airs and graces, is unaffected, and leads a relatively normal life (considering his great wealth). If that is true, then it is refreshing in a world of so many preening primadonnas in the worlds of film/fashion/music/sport etc.

Good luck to him in his retirement.

Schumy's engine blew in the Japan Grand Prix, Alonso wins the race, meaning Alonso needs just 1 point in next weeks race to win the championship.

Unlucky Mikey :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol:

Schumy's engine blew in the Japan Grand Prix, Alonso wins the race, meaning Alonso needs just 1 point in next weeks race to win the championship.

Unlucky Mikey :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol:

It took a lot of hard work with my spanner to loosen that nut that held the piston in place but I did it in the end!!! Stupid german tosser!! haha

Don't be suprised if his Ferrari partner Massa takes Alonso out in the final race allowing the kraut to win.:icon_roll

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00