Scimeca wants Dickov at West Brom......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Malf said:
WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's obviously been put in there so that it looks like we had no choice but to sell these players, this is awful if it's true.

Just to spell it out it looks certain that the club wanted those clauses in so that players recently signed on relatively high wages (by Nationwide standards) would be easy to move on.

I guess the finances of the club are still very fragile & they are determined to lose the better players if they can. That would tie in with the messages being given out by MA some weeks ago when he was telling the world what a shame it was that his better players were now all up for grabs. The more recent statements made about wanting to keep them looks increasingly like PR for the supporters.

The other thing is that we have a virtually invisible chairman & board. I wonder what percentage of fans could name the City chairman -without reference to match programmes.

Isn't there anyone else in the Pacific Rim with a bit of cash - a Samoa national lottery special or some thing.

nice reasoned view there Steven. Care to back it up with any reasons or any managers who would be better and ones that would come to us.

Why are we constantly flapping about this when we all knew about it 12 months ago, the clauses were mentioned when they signed. Scimeca is not going to want the fans to think he's just buggered off after 12 months and a relegation.

"I knew nothing about it" - YEAH RIGHT!!!

Dunc said:
nice reasoned view there Steven. Care to back it up with any reasons or any managers who would be better and ones that would come to us.

Why are we constantly flapping about this when we all knew about it 12 months ago, the clauses were mentioned when they signed. Scimeca is not going to want the fans to think he's just buggered off after 12 months and a relegation.

"I knew nothing about it" - YEAH RIGHT!!!

MA is behind Brian Little in terms of achievement at the moment. However I do not want MA to leave in the same way I wanted BL to stay. My comment was made to stir up discussion. :wink:

Exactly, as for the line about making it easier to sell the players, if someone wants them its very easy to sell them, the club just sets the price. If the clause wasnt there we may have been able to get up to 500k for him, him and his agent knew it was there and asked for it. Lets just hope he hasnt got a clause with west brom and he rots in div 1

Lboro fox said:
Exactly, as for the line about making it easier to sell the players, if someone wants them its very easy to sell them, the club just sets the price. If the clause wasnt there we may have been able to get up to 500k for him, him and his agent knew it was there and asked for it. Lets just hope he hasnt got a clause with west brom and he rots in div 1

He hasn't got the clause with WBA because they are not so desparate to be able to move players on - for us its clearly a case of being willing to sacrifice market values in transfer fees to save on the wage bill. I am not criticising this - except I suspect that many people did not appreciate how dire the finances.

Redditch Fox said:
Lboro fox said:

He hasn't got the clause with WBA because they are not so desparate to be able to move players on - for us its clearly a case of being willing to sacrifice market values in transfer fees to save on the wage bill. I am not criticising this - except I suspect that many people did not appreciate how dire the finances.

I would imagine that WBA do not have the clause whereby he takes a drop in wages in the event of relegation. I think thats where the trade-off was, his wages will have dropped to an acceptable div 1 level, so his agent wanted to make sure the club couldnt deny him a transfer and make him stick with us.

Its a shame the transfer fee wasnt slightly more realistic, 250k transfer fee pays for a div 1 players wages for a season.

Lboro fox said:
Redditch Fox said:
Lboro fox said:

I would imagine that WBA do not have the clause whereby he takes a drop in wages in the event of relegation. I think thats where the trade-off
was, his wages will have dropped to an acceptable div 1 level, so his agent wanted to make sure the club couldnt deny him a transfer and make him stick with us.

Its a shame the transfer fee wasnt slightly more realistic, 250k transfer fee pays for a div 1 players wages for a season.

I agree with all that except that I can't imagine any club like WBA not having the wage reduction clause - but the whole affair just shows what a financial state we are in to be so anxious to be able to move even very recently players on -I'm emphasising that it looks to me like the club was happy with the low fee clause so that players would actually go. How we can expect to get any quality players now -i really don't know. I'm beginning to feel sorry for MA.

I heard West Brom implemented this agreement in the players contract that in the event of relegation, they would receive a pay cuts too.

They did that last time in the Premiership, not sure if they're doing it this time around though..... :?:

Scowcroft said:
I heard West Brom implemented this agreement in the players contract that in the event of relegation, they would receive a pay cuts too.

They did that last time in the Premiership, not sure if they're doing it this time around though..... :?:

I was under the impression that most clubs negotiated under these principles since the financial crisis.

Scowcroft said:
http://icbirmingham.icnetwork.co.uk...dline=scimeca-ready-for-battle-name_page.html

One player who Albion definitely want is Scimeca's former team-mate Dickov, who scored 12 Premiership goals this term.

"I heard that West Brom are interested in Paul," said Scimeca. "He is a very, very good player and it would be great if he joined. I've spoken to him briefly but I know that Paul has other options as well and he'll make the right decision that suits him."

Dickov also has a clause in his contract allowing him to speak to Premiership clubs following relegation but Adams, who is angry about losing Scimeca, would presumably be furious if Dickov quit too.

Adams said: "Riccardo signed a two-year contract with us, but he has decided to leave after a year. It's disappointing because we would have expected a bit more back from him. Muzzy Izzet stayed here two years ago when we went down and showed loyalty to get the club back up."

But Scimeca insists he did not even know his contract had a clause in it entitling him to leave if Leicester were relegated.

"I didn't know anything about it when I signed the contract, I didn't ask to leave or anything," said Scimeca, who has no similar clause in his Albion contract.

F*ck Off Scimeca!! :x

buzzer_b said:
Scowcroft said:
http://icbirmingham.icnetwork.co.uk...dline=scimeca-ready-for-battle-name_page.html

One player who Albion definitely want is Scimeca's former team-mate Dickov, who scored 12 Premiership goals this term.

"I heard that West Brom are interested in Paul," said Scimeca. "He is a very, very good player and it would be great if he joined. I've spoken to him briefly but I know that Paul has other options as well and he'll make the right decision that suits him."

Dickov also has a clause in his contract allowing him to speak to Premiership clubs following relegation but Adams, who is angry about losing Scimeca, would presumably be furious if Dickov quit too.

Adams said: "Riccardo signed a two-year contract with us, but he has decided to leave after a year. It's disappointing because we would have expected a bit more back from him. Muzzy Izzet stayed here two years ago when we went down and showed loyalty to get the club back up."

But Scimeca insists he did not even know his contract had a clause in it entitling him to leave if Leicester were relegated.

"I didn't know anything about it when I signed the contract, I didn't ask to leave or anything," said Scimeca, who has no similar clause in his Albion contract.

F*ck Off Scimeca!! :x

He already has f*cked off. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester3883
2Leeds Utd3882
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861