Scott Gemmill?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AJ

Don't know if he's trying to wind me up or not, but a mate of mine has just been to East Midlands airport where he reckons he saw the City squad and with them Scott Gemmill. Can anyone shed any light??

I think Micky is a decent enough manager but why does he always use the excuse that hes worked before with a player, so what!! Thats not reason enough to buy him or in this case give him a trial. He's said this with numerous players, Rogers, Brooker etc, all have been shite.

Southern Fox said:
Please no!!!!!!!!!!

Just when you think that Micky is using some decent judgement ...... Keown & Connolly - he goes back to cluttering up the squad with players who you just know are not going to perform - this is the latest & IMO one of the worst examples - Scott Gemmell was never much good, not good enough to get into an Everton side which was full of bad players & finished one place above us -- he's now one year older and Micky is interested.

I read in the Daily Mail that the player wants to return home to the East Midlands - course he does - but is that a reason for bringing him to the Walkers?

Well, lets all hang on a minute - there's nothing wrong with taking players on trial now is there?

alex said:
Well, lets all hang on a minute - there's nothing wrong with taking players on trial now is there?

Taking players who are unknown quantities on trial is fine - of course it is -contemplating giving a contract to Scot Gemmell isn't quite so fine!

rotherhamfox said:
I think Micky is a decent enough manager but why does he always use the excuse that hes worked before with a player, so what!! Thats not reason enough to buy him or in this case give him a trial. He's said this with numerous players, Rogers, Brooker etc, all have been shite.

Although Bassett signed Rogers and he looked decent at Villa on his debut (when we won 2-0)..

For once i must agree that this would be a bad signing but i think its a case of the player contacting the club and MA has said why not give him the opportunity to impress, nothing to lose really.

Walker

Canero Keown Elliott Makin

Tiatto Williams Nalis Wilcox

Connoly Dublin

Average age of the suspected starting 11 is; 31.09

Clint_Foxwood said:
Walker

Canero Keown Elliott Makin

Tiatto Williams Nalis Wilcox

Connoly Dublin

Average age of the suspected starting 11 is; 31.09

Now then, it'll clearly be Scowy on the right with Tiatto somewhere else!

:wink:

He might be crap, but I bet we sign him. He's a midfielder and available at the right price. To be fair we are lacking in midfielders, but he's hardly first choice. Bring on Carsley!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757