Season Tickets 2020/2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
And if you didn't join it by the 10th June you cannot join it unless you had already been on it

I think I've made this point before - since reaching the Prem, we've consistently got rid of about three of the official TB forum designated "dead wood" in each summer transfer window, and I expect the same this time around (loan deals, especially where it looks like we're still paying wages don't count). These long wish lists are just a waste of keystrokes, really.
Which TB’ers would you like to have gone this summer then?

Looks like fans won't be able to be back in stadiums as soon as the clubs had hoped, if I've heard Boris correctly (easier said than done, at times).

I’ve renewed, but begrudgingly. My kids can’t take the idea of not seeing City live again and until they can pay for themselves I don’t want to stop them. I hate the way this has become solely a matter of money and not the game I grew up with and loved. I still love the idea of football but that’s all it seems to be now. I very much doubt I’ll see a game for another year. **** the ballot, I’m not paying full price for what feels like Family Night football in an echoing stadium but I won’t lose my ST, even though I feel like telling them to shove it. Thirty or so years a holder and I feel like I’m being threatened by the club. But I’ve renewed, for my kids. Kids eh, who’d have ‘em?

According to someone on FT over 22,000 renewed their ST - just under 96%

Plans for return of fans in October called off I hear.

Did anyone think that would actually happen?

I'll be absolutely astounded if there are live crowds at football before Spring next year. They won't reintroduce crowd gatherings for entertainment events during autumn/winter after the latest news.

Lower league football as we know it is finished. 5th tier clubs with 2,000 seater stadiums and players paid £2k a week was potentially always unsupportable (in that it doesn't happen in any other country).
What is likely to happen to Championship and below is an absolute tragedy though, with club structures in place that will just go bust if there's no gate receipt this year.
the only hope is that the top of the pyramid saves the day, but i very much doubt that will happen as there's no one going to save them if they go bust...

Let's face it - it's in the interest of Manchesters City and United for Bolton, Bury, Wigan and Stockport to go out of business; likewise for the big London clubs to see the back of Barnet, Orient, Millwall, Brentford, and QPR. Don't expect any of them to come to the rescue.

This was from before today's announcement, but it looks like the National League will probably delay the start to their season:

Let's face it - it's in the interest of Manchesters City and United for Bolton, Bury, Wigan and Stockport to go out of business; likewise for the big London clubs to see the back of Barnet, Orient, Millwall, Brentford, and QPR. Don't expect any of them to come to the rescue.
If Millwall went, it would be a real bonus.

If clubs don't have sustainable TV income, they should show matches online for their fans via their website. Charge £10 or something.

That's realistically the only way forward for them if they want to survive.

If clubs don't have sustainable TV income, they should show matches online for their fans via their website. Charge £10 or something.

Agreed, but worth noting streaming, hosting and production costs aren’t insignificant. And if they partner with a distribution group, it’s likely on a rev share model. It’s fine margins in the streaming business...

back of envelope:

10 pounds a match

20 home matches (assuming revenue not split with away teams)

So let’s say, Norwich get 10,000 viewers an event.

That’s 2 million pounds in revenue. Which at best is 20% of their ticket revenue (before adding in food, beverage and other match day revenue).

And that’s before we layer in costs, which will eat about 50% of the streaming revenue.

So while streaming is certainly helpful, it’s not a scalable solution for the gaping ticket revenue gap.

Colchester’s chairman has said that streaming income from their match against Bolton at the weekend was about £8000, compared to the £54000 they forecast they’d have taken over the gate for the fixture.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757