Sell on clauses

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carlo

When it was touted that izzett was to leave last summer there was talk that chelsea would get 25% of any fee as a sell on clause why does it never seem that anybody at leicester seems to put this in any leaving players contracts such as that of Emile Heskey who it looks likely will be joining Leicester reserves(BIRMINGHAM CITY)
If we had put in a similar clause we would now be receving about 3/4 of a million pounds :roll:

We got 11 million for half which was atleast double his correct value. We have no cause fdor complaints.

I think the last time Leicester made any money this way was when Everton sold Sir Gary the Lineker to Spurs. Didn't we make ½ million or something?

trickytrev said:
We got 11 million for half which was atleast double his correct value. We have no cause fdor complaints.

Exactly.

£11 Million was a god send, and much more than expected.

Well Chelsea will receive 25% of nothing as Izzet is out of contract.

Heskey - Liverpool pay £11m, sell for £2.5m and you expect a cut of the action? - if £12.5m maybe.

From memory the club waved the sell on clause when Gary left Everton

i didn't realise izzett was out of contract and leaving on a free foxes trust when did this happen :roll:

I didn't realise IQ's had dropped so low.

Carlo said:
i didn't realise izzett was out of contract and leaving on a free foxes trust when did this happen :roll:

Earth to Carlo - are you receiving, over

Well it officially happened on Monday when the others were released, but when his contract ran out has been known as long as this message board has existed under its previous name

As I said earlier in another thread, sell on clauses are based on the profit a club makes when selling a player. Although knowing our board they probably had a clause in the contract saying we should give Liverpool some of the money back if they make a loss on Heskey.

Orifice said:
I think the last time Leicester made any money this way was when Everton sold Sir Gary the Lineker to Spurs. Didn't we make ½ million or something?

Everton didn't sell Lineker to Spurs. They sold him to Barcelona. Leicester waived part of the sell on, so we only got £250,000.

I think we've not made money in this way recently because we've not sold any players who've gone on to do well enough elsewhere to be bought for a bigger fee. I believe there is a sell on clause for some of the younger players we've sold in the last couple of years, like Delaney and Ashton.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757