Sheff Utd - Tues 1st Feb 2011 - 7.45pm

Status
Not open for further replies.
We had some random couple behind us whinging about everything including having to stand up to see the game.

edit: BG just told me I've got to listen to his music on the way to and from Sheffield. I am taking ear plugs, and some ear defender headphone type things from work so I don't.

Last edited:
I'm a woman, I change my mind easily AND quickly from one thing to the next.:icon_razz

I didn't think I could afford it(well tbh I might well be walking work again haha!) but then I though feck it!

So I picked up me ticket yesterday.

Last edited:
Any tickets available on the gate? Went to this fixture last year - 1-1 I believe, early in the season. Drive to Meadowhall Interchange, tram it to town, walk.

Any tickets available on the gate? Went to this fixture last year - 1-1 I believe, early in the season. Drive to Meadowhall Interchange, tram it to town, walk.
Others may be able to confirm this, but I do believe they sell tickets from a designated window if the away end is not sold out.

Yes, a 'huge white marquee' to the left of the main reception - turns out it was a £10 gazeebo from Wilkos.

Others may be able to confirm this, but I do believe they sell tickets from a designated window if the away end is not sold out.

I rang them earlier and was told you can purchase tickets from the promotions office from 2pm up until kick off but it is cash only. Not sure what the promotions office is but she said you couldn't miss it at the entrance to the stadium.

Why tram?

The train from Meadowhall is a lot quicker than the tram, it's cheaper, and more frequent.

It's also nearer to Bramall Lane than the tram.

There is a tram stop that's slightly closer, but only by a minute or so, and you're likely to save around 15 minutes by going on the train instead.

Aye - and that closer stop is very much uphill on the way back.

There is another way via the Park and Ride at Halfway (to the south of Sheffield via M1 junction 30) then the tram to Granville Road/Sheffield College* and then a 12/15 minute walk to the ground with a McDonalds within a couple of minutes from the tram stop for a bite on the way.
Not sure of the cost of the Park and Ride -I think it's about £3-50.

*Is this the tram you were thinking of Boc as it is not uphill on the way back, or is it another stop you're thinking of.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757