Pre Match Sheffield United v Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tough game but surely our quality should be too much for them.

We won't be able to break them down, ending in another frustrating damp squib of a game.

If we turn up with a stinking attitude that we will steam roller them then we will be turned over. If we earn the right to play we should have too much for them and win well.

Let’s stick to what worked well towards the end of last season. Albrighton and Barnes in for Choudhury and Perez.

I'd make just one change. Barnes in for Choudhury. I think Perez has been unlucky with the service he's had and the shape just doesn't suit him. Let's see what he can do with some attacking flair on the pitch.

Return of the RAF (as Claudio called us in that special season) please. Pummel them from the outset.

"I say my team is like the RAF, it's fantastic – whoosh whoosh! – I love it."

I think it will be Barnes in for Choudhury and out on the left, with Maddison moving back to the centre.

Otherwise possibly Praet in for Hamza in a straight swap but I'm hoping for the first option.

Talk of dropping Perez already is crazy. He needs time to settle and gel. He looked good in pre season, and his main problem in the first 2 games has been struggling to get involved. Dropping him now when we have an easier game where he should be involved more would be the wrong move.

Talk of dropping Perez already is crazy. He needs time to settle and gel. He looked good in pre season, and his main problem in the first 2 games has been struggling to get involved. Dropping him now when we have an easier game where he should be involved more would be the wrong move.

I do get your point, but I think him starting the season ahead of Albrighton and Barnes was crazy. We had a formula that worked for the most part of Brendan’s time in charge last season, which included Barnes and Albrighton.

Perez has had two average games so far, and whilst I’m not writing him off, I think it’s time to add some genuine width.

Perez did pretty well in preseason, but that was in a formation that we used successfully last year with just Ndidi holding, rather than having Choudhury in there too. This also allowed Tielemans to play slightly deeper, so he could bypass their midfield and get the ball to Maddison more effectively. Having played that way throughout preseason, we seem to have changed it for the league games and I feeL like it has hampered us on the ball.

I like Ndidi and Choudhury, but unless we need a real backs to the wall setup (eg vs Man City), then I think we’re failing to get the best out of some of our players by using both of them.

I've been disappointed in our approach in the first two matches. We've been safety first and got two draws. If we'd been a little more positive, I feel that we'd have at least a couple more points.

I don't see the sense in playing both Ndidi and Choudhury against any opposition. Even against the best sides, you have to compete to have any chance, not sit back and try to just disrupt them.

Praet did enough in his cameo appearance to show he needs to start. I don't mind which of the two holding players sits out for him.

Sheff Utd have started well but they're a much weaker side than the two we've faced. We need to win this game to get us going.

I'd bet on Vardy scoring against his boyhood enemy. As a Sheff Wed fan, he'll get some stick and he'll be on it. We've just got to do a better job of supplying him.

It's going to be the same system.

Who genuinely believes BR is going to throw his plan In the bin after 2 games?

I think Choudhury will benched for Praet.

It's going to be the same system.

Who genuinely believes BR is going to throw his plan In the bin after 2 games?

I don't think Rodgers is the kind of manager to have only 1 plan and use that for every game.

I don't think there's anyway he'll start with both Ndidi and Choudhury for this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757