Sheffield Weds to take legal action over Hirst transfer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't see them having much success with that. Seems to be doing well for the u23s since he joined.

they won't have a leg to stand on he played a full season for OHL before we bought him from them

if you don't think every owner group that owns multiple clubs does this you are naive until FIFA ban people from owning more than one club there is nothing illegal about this.

Hirst can easily argue he signed with OHL to play for Pearson due to advice from his dad who thought his old mate would be a good person to help develop him.

During that season Pearson was sacked so he wanted to move home to England and we then signed him.

IIRC we offered Sheffield Wednesday more in a fee then they would get in any compensation but they turned it down, whilst refusing to let him play for them unless he signed a new contract. Any other club I would have sympathy for them but they didn't exactly treat Hirst fairly...

Hirst was kept out of any potential action with Wednesday as the Owner was pissed off that George would not sign the contract offered as it wasn't enough in his eyes.
Wednesday cock it up again. Just have they had in the past, Harry Maguire was a Wednesday fan, but it was United who took him on and put him in their Academy.

Wednesday also providing our meal ticket in the past with them saying Jamie was too small and showing him the door as a skinny teenager.

Looks like we've cynically exploited a gaping hole in the rules. I don't like it one bit, but I don't think they've got anything to go on. Hopefully this might lead to a change in the rules though
I am sure Chelski and Man Utd set the precedent regarding this type of thing, Shef Wed were being far too greedy when we originally went in for him so we exploited a loop hole and hey presto.

That's may well be but that does not make it alright, we've seen our own club in that position

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757