Shepshed Dynamo 0-5 Leicester City

Status
Not open for further replies.

sheffield_fox

A good workout for our lads, and a superb performance from a lot of the youngsters. The team was as follows with my rating:

Danny Coyne: Caught out early in the first half allowing Shepshed to thump the post but his handling was steady.
Liam Powell: Steady game at right back, caught out of position quite a few times but was put right by either Stearman, Elliott or Shirtliff.
Alan Sheehan: A good game at left back, forced the keeper into a good save with a low powerful free kick from 25 yards
Richard Stearman: Centre back, outstanding. Probably man of the match. Defended superbly and looked amazingly composed and skillful on the ball. Got forward well occasionally also.
Matt Elliott (c): Showed great experience and taught the young lads quite a few things with his communication and positioning sense.
Ryan McGavin: Left winger had a fairly steady game. Embarrassed himself in the 2nd half though when he rounded the keeper and missed an open net from 10 yards out.
Keith Gillespie: Didn't see too much of the ball except when he got back and helped out the defence which he did to superb effect throughout the first half.
Lilian Nalis: Got caught in possession too many times but showed one or two neat touches and passes.
Stephen Dawson: Supeb performance from the little niggly centre midfielder. Excellent work rate, and won possession back for Leicester so many times. Good on the ball as well
Chris O'Grady: Disappointing, occasionally held the ball up well but did barely any more than that.
Dion Dublin: Linked up very well with the players around him showing good control, technique and neat touches. His best moment a superb knock down to create a great chance for Nalis.

SUBS (that i recognised)
James Wesolowski: Made quite an impression when he came on, his touch was superb and he played some pinpoint throughballs some leading to a goal.
Tomi Petrescu: Quite a naive performance really. His positioning wasn't very good, a quiet half and missed the few chances that came his way including a one-on-one where he appeared fairly slow.
James Graham: Scored an impressive 2nd half hat-trick thanks to some great up link up play with wesolowski and superb finishing himself. His first couldn't have been simpler thanks to a lucky rebound off the woodwork but his others were good finishes.

I was stood practically in the leicester dugout which composed of shirtliff, jon rudkin and dave rennie. jordan stewart turned up at the ground for good measure as well along with radio leicester's john sinclair who was writing a little report on the game, can't have been as good as this one though.

Hope you like my report. :lol:[/b]

sheffield_fox said:
A good workout for our lads, and a superb performance from a lot of the youngsters. The team was as follows with my rating:
Danny Coyne: Caught out early in the first half allowing Shepshed to thump the post but his handling was steady.
Liam Powell: Steady game at right back, caught out of position quite a few times but was put right by either Stearman, Elliott or Shirtliff.
Alan Sheehan: A good game at left back, forced the keeper into a good save with a low powerful free kick from 25 yards
Richard Stearman: Centre back, outstanding. Probably man of the match. Defended superbly and looked amazingly composed and skillful on the ball. Got forward well occasionally also.
Matt Elliott (c): Showed great experience and taught the young lads quite a few things with his communication and positioning sense.
Ryan McGavin: Left winger had a fairly steady game. Embarrassed himself in the 2nd half though when he rounded the keeper and missed an open net from 10 yards out.
Keith Gillespie: Didn't see too much of the ball except when he got back and helped out the defence which he did to superb effect throughout the first half.
Lilian Nalis: Got caught in possession too many times but showed one or two neat touches and passes.
Stephen Dawson: Supeb performance from the little niggly centre midfielder. Excellent work rate, and won possession back for Leicester so many times. Good on the ball as well
Chris O'Grady: Disappointing, occasionally held the ball up well but did barely any more than that.
Dion Dublin: Linked up very well with the players around him showing good control, technique and neat touches. His best moment a superb knock down to create a great chance for Nalis.

SUBS (that i recognised)
James Wesolowski: Made quite an impression when he came on, his touch was superb and he played some pinpoint throughballs some leading to a goal. I'm pretty sure he scored Leicester's 4th goal as well but it was hard to see.
Tomi Petrescu: Quite a naive performance really. His positioning wasn't very good, a quiet half and missed the few chances that came his way including a one-on-one where he appeared fairly slow.
James Graham: Scored an impressive 2nd half hat-trick thanks to some great up link up play with wesolowski and superb finishing himself. His first couldn't have been simpler thanks to a lucky rebound off the woodwork but his others were good finishes.

I was stood practically in the leicester dugout which composed of shirtliff, jon rudkin and dave rennie. jordan stewart turned up at the ground for good measure as well along with radio leicester's john sinclair who was writing a little report on the game, can't have been as good as this one though.

Hope you like my report. :lol:

great, can u give us a list of the scorers plz?

Semper Eadem said:
I thought Danny Coyne has gone?????????????????????????? :shock:

He hasn't gone yet - Micky is waiting for a replacement goalie before letting Coyne go to Burnley.

Graham scores a trick! That lad should be played! :D

It was well written :wink:

I thought the younger lads way outshone the professionals. Second half they were excellent to watch. I especially liked the look of Number 15 and 6. Not sure of their names but played centre midfield. First time i have seen Petrescu but despite a quiet game he certainly has potential and has plenty of pace, tried to be too cocky sometimes with too many flicks. Other than that it was a sound second half despite the blustery conditions and we look to have a bright future for the kids.

No 5 centre back is also a star in the making. Was captain second half. A definite one for the future. Plays very similar to Matty Heath and looks very composed. Watch out for him in the future

chrislcfc18 said:
No 5 centre back is also a star in the making. Was captain second half. A definite one for the future. Plays very similar to Matty Heath and looks very composed. Watch out for him in the future

Plays similar to Matt Heath? So he can't pass a ball then? :lol: :wink:

He (stearman) was like a better version of matt heath. We must keep hold of this lad and bring him on the right way. A star in the making. I believe he has already played for England U17s.

lol ok that was a bad simalarity and made him sound shit but he looked really good, at times you couldnt tell who was senior him or Elliott apart from the wrinkles :D . He made a great run first half and has a good burst of speed for a tall centre back. It would be interesting to see them play a team in their own league just to see how good they really are. Only disappointment tonight was Nalis, he wouldnt of even got in to Shepsheds team, lost the ball to often and made some bad passes.

Nice report, thanks.

I know it's only a friendly against poor opposition, but from what you saw were any of the youngsters good enough to be in the first team this season?

Very difficult to say based on first pre season friendly and the fact the weather wasnt ideal for football. Youngsters were certainly out to make an impression. Maybe not ready for first team yet but certainly have the potential to make it. Wesolowski, who played centre midfield looks a good prospect. Reminds me a little of Robbie Savage the way he pesters the opposition and he certainly has the respect of the other players the way he went round giving the other players a high 5 just before second half. Anyone know if he is their captain. And No 6 Dawson also had an impressive game alongside him. If these 2 are the future of our midfield then it is looking good. Difficult to judge Petrescu on the first game i have seen him play in, has plenty of pace but didnt really get in to the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757