Shockingly poor

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are a couple of caveats to what I am about to say next. Firstly I have not seen City for the full 90 mins this season so my views must be restricted by that fact. Not much one has to say. Secondly agreeing with "Tony Elsby" does not give me a good feeling as the style all too clearly reminds me of a former poster. :wink:

Having said that, I agree with every word in the post. :shock: :? :? :?

Steven said:
There are a couple of caveats to what I am about to say next. Firstly I have not seen City for the full 90 mins this season so my views must be restricted by that fact. Not much one has to say. Secondly agreeing with "Tony Elsby" does not give me a good feeling as the style all too clearly reminds me of a former poster. :wink:

Having said that, I agree with every word in the post. :shock: :? :? :?

I have made your second point too Steven! Would the real James Walker please stand up.

Question is, what is to be done about it ?

Maybe Andy from Long Eaton will tell us tonight on the phone in...

3 games in and here we are at it again!

For gods sake we have only played 3 games????

Why the need to start questioning the manager and abusing some of the players? Some of the comments on here about Blake are exactly the same as some people were posting about Scowcroft in the summer and now people are saying how he could be a key player this year??. Blake will be a good back up to Dublin and Connolly WHEN fit and WHEN he has gelled into the team, if he hasnt after 10 gaems then OK fair enough ask questions but calling him "Lazy" etc is simply stupid after 3 games.

Micky has bought in allot of new players which we were all raving about a few weeks ago, they are going to take time to gel what did you expect??

We as fans have to be patient and see how things develop before making wild observations.
We are all entitled to air our views but sometimes on here the air of negativity can get quite stifling at times.

We still have a squad of players that is capable of getting Automatic promotion if we stick by them. What the West Ham fans were on with the other day booing the team of the pitch was in my mind appauling!

I think Tony's post was one of the most thought out, explained and justified i've seen on this forum. He's right we have probvlems in our team and we are carring certain players.

The contiunal problem with Ma and it was teh same last year is that he DOES NOT KNOW HIS BEST TEAM. Week after week last season he made silly choices and was not quick enough to change the team. I'm all for letting the players gel but when something doesn't work you scrap it and try something else!

Ian said:
3 games in and here we are at it again!

For gods sake we have only played 3 games????

Micky has bought in allot of new players which we were all raving about a few weeks ago, they are going to take time to gel what did you expect??

(quote = Ian)

You're right -its too early to judge whether this side will gel.

On the otherhand, I guess many of us were convinced that Wilcox would be a waste of space - yet one looks for some sign of 'inside knowledge' from Micky to show that he knows best & that there was a point in that signing but instead its obvious that the guy is a passenger - and Micky does have a tendency towards stubbornly repeating the same mistakes week after week.

Its ridiculous to go OTT after a single defeat - in what was a bit of a weird fixture -but at the same time it never looked promising to have that central midfield combo against such uncompromising opposition & you would have thought that the odds of Blake turning round is act after his Derby performance were a bit on the long side.

Its ridiculous to go OTT after a single defeat - in what was a bit of a weird fixture -but at the same time it never looked promising to have that central midfield combo against such uncompromising opposition & you would have thought that the odds of Blake turning round is act after his Derby performance were a bit on the long side.[/quote]

I have to agree with you on this it is too early to panic but it is a concern that MA is missing the obvious - no ball winner vs Millwall away and persisting with Blake when not fit. Hopefully he will have learnt from this and on Saturday will make the necessary changes such as start with Tiatto, Joey and drop Blake. On a positive note the team that was beaten by Millwall was nowhere near full strength and once these players return we will see just how good we can be.

My main worry is yet again our appalling discipline record, our record has been dreadful both on and off the pitch since MA took control and this is something he must address, he comes across as a no nonsence manager but has so far failed to maintain any note of discipline. There is no point in having a fantastic squad if half of them are going to spend their saturdays watching from the stands, we could be our own worst enemies this season. So far ill discipline has cost us 4 points this season when you take into account suspensions as well as the sendings off.

I think it says it all we sign Tiatto and he is suspended for the first 3 games he will fit in great !!! :lol:

Tony Elsby said:
Phil The Fox said:
We were poor definitely and we created no chances for way too long

I dont agree with the comment re Williams completely, he does (usually) have the ability to pass and to see a player but it didnt gel yesterday
Blake - was woeful, should have been subbed off at ht
Wilcox - mostly awful, did make the occasional tackle but completely unable to pass

The worst thing was the complete disarray on the left side in the first half, both defence and mid-field. I assume others saw the shouting match between Dabizas and the rest of the defence on who was to blame for the goal?

Definitely a day to forget, several poor individual performances and a bad team performance too

Phil
irst post here btw)

You wonder if MA is nasty enough or cunning enough to really fulfill his apparent potential as a manager.

Notwithstanding the disciplinary problems of recent months and the latest sendings off Leicester seemed second best in every phase against Millwall. Being outplayed by superior footballers is one thing, being out-thought is bad news for a manager.

There seems an unjustified arrogance among City pundits. First there was the pre-season hype about how we were 'favourites' to go up (based on what evidence, I'd ask), second the assumption that West Ham were 'one of our biggest championsip rivals' (by what logic) and third City themselves seem so overconfident they select a team with so many ineffective journeymen we might have been playing 9 against 11 on any one day.

Why would a manager ever pick a player who was not fully fit to do his job. Firstly (unless injured) no self-respecting professional should ever let himself get into that state and secondly the remaining players have to carry the handicap.

Then there's tactics. If you don't have the personnel to play in a certain way (attacking down the left flank, for instance), then you have to devise tactics which do suit the strengths and weaknesses of your team. And you need to be clever enough to adjust those tactics whenever you wish.

Scowcroft, for example is a threat with his head but that threat is negated if he's away from the danger zone so why play him there?

If you're being overrun in midfield then why not play someone who does win the ball. Why wait til late in the second half of matches to fix the bloody obvious.

Cunning? Well, Wisey was dictating tactical terms for Millwall and, typically, winding a lot of players up. Once he got booked I would have delegated someone inconsequential to clatter him good and proper, provoke a reaction and accept both players would get sent off. Take him on at his own game. Leicester would have lost an unimportant player, Millwall would have lost their talisman and Leicester would have been halfway home.

That's not strictly ethical, I know, but a lot of what Wisey does isn't ethical (but he still gets away with it) and if Leicester are going to get men sent off every other match then it might as well be for a good reason. The alternate of course is to out-think him legitimately. Did we even start to think at Millwall?

Finally, all this masks the truth that no-one can surely say Leicester are looking a better footballing side then they were when Mickey took over.

Where are the keen, talented youngsters with a bit of pace, a bit of cheek, the special skills to compliment some solid experience? Is the Academy just a fanciful PR excercise or is it actually going to do City some good?

I ask because if there's not one or two Academy players who are good enough at 17/18 to do better than two or three in the side just now then the whole project should be abandoned to save costs or the club should get better scouts.

Anyone who believes City with this team and these tactics are going to win a championship is having some wonderful hallucinations. I remember reading a Leicester Mercury supplement about how good the Tigers were going to be at the beginning of last season - despit being without their Internationals - and that proved a load of rubbish too.

Lets get real at Leicester before there's too much damage done. Mickey should demand at least four good games out of five from every player selected (which means some should be banished to the sidelines already) and each player selected should be fit and show willing to do his job.

A manager should have no friends and show no favours when picking a team. I actually believe the way you win is important - you should want to win with the style of City in the early 60's - but the first and only real criterion for success is winning points.

Being in the bottom half of the table isn't terminal after three games but its where we deserve to be on the evidence so far - even a little flattering - and the sooner MA starts moulding a team with real authority the better.

It starts with players being fit. 'Oh they'll be no-one fitter than the Leicester lads' say insider pundits. And yet the evidence is clear. Some are fit but they're having to make up for others who appear not to be.

MA should set out his demands, let each individual know what his job is in various circumstances, and be ruthless with anyone who fails to deliver on a 75-80 per cent basis.

It may take time, even more than this season, but eventually (like Wenger as a good example) he will have players with the character to fulfill his and our ambitions.

The thing about Wenger is that he recognises what makes a good player, fits them into a method of play which emphasises their strengths and links all the various skills towards an effective outcome.

He doesn't play any passengers that I can see.

Of course he's at a higher lever but the principles should be the same in the Coca Cola League or the Senior League. They are principles which, if observed, make a genuinely successful manager.

That was a brilliant post...keep it up!

I agree with many points here, I am starting to wonder exactly how good micky adams really is and do feel that 2 years ago division 1 was weaker and our team was better, last time we came down we had a team that had played with each longer and also had at least 3 or 4 players who were good enough for the premiership, our defense was more capable then the current defense and I felt dickov and deano were great for this league. This season I think we have a worser team and other teams want to beat us more as it was felt we cheated our way to promotion, the front men is particurly worrying, with dickov we had someone who ran all over the pitch held the ball up well and was good at penalties. Now we have connoly and blake/dublin with trev been used as a sub, its early days for this but personally connoly I see as poorer then dickov he doesnt seem as ruthless and of course its hard to match dickov's work rate, but yet out our 4 main striker's connoly is supposedbly the best of the bunch, blake has a poor history and I feel strongly he is a terrible signing and should be 4th choice striker behind benjamin, who is best out of benjamin and dublin time will tell dublin should have more quality but I think benjamin has more strenth and pace. The midfield situation is the usual story we have no ball winning midfielder's, remember last season how we lost so easy at end of games that is because our defense was worked too hard having a midfield that can intercept the ball means you can defend further up the field and have more possesion and until this situation changes leicester will have poor possesion in games and rely on the long ball. I feel our defense is also weaker but to a lesser extenct keown should prove good once he adapts and we still have walker and dabizas who are proven premiership players my only real concern here is if walker gets injured I have not much faith in pressman been in goal how the hell coyne went for so little staggers belief.

However after this long rant it is too early to pass real judgement, adams may well get them playing well and we get a nice run together only time will tell :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4575
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4469
8Middlesbro4566