Should Dickov start against Newcastle?

• Yes - With Fat Les

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No - Bent and Fat Les

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, you can't argue that Bent and Dickov haven't been effective. They have been the best strike partnership IMO by far.

Petrescu said:
Bent and Ferdinand score goals from open play. Dickov doesnt. I wouldnt play Dickov with Ferdinand, i'd play Dickov with Bent.

Ferdinand has scored 2 goals from open play.....Dickov has scored 3...............

Petrescu said:
I mean other than penalties, they are gifts to people who can take them :oops: Controversial :evil:

Very.....You could argue that Les' goals against Wolves were gifts....any goal against Wolves is a gift....... :lol:

I consider Dickov and Sir Les being the best up front for the Newcastle match as we need Dickov to worry them at the back into making mistakes and Bramble has made his fair share of those. Also I agree Ferdinand will trouble Newcastle in the air and he will be wanting to get a goal against his old club. Also with these free kicks Sir Les is taking WHO is the best at getting free kicks. There is no better than Paul for that. Bent coming off the bench in the 2nd half when hopefully we are in the lead for Ferdinand or for anyone with an injury, or to bolster the attack if we need a goal.

Yorkshirefox said:
I consider Dickov and Sir Les being the best up front for the Newcastle match as we need Dickov to worry them at the back into making mistakes and Bramble has made his fair share of those. Also I agree Ferdinand will trouble Newcastle in the air and he will be wanting to get a goal against his old club. Also with these free kicks Sir Les is taking WHO is the best at getting free kicks. There is no better than Paul for that. Bent coming off the bench in the 2nd half when hopefully we are in the lead for Ferdinand or for anyone with an injury, or to bolster the attack if we need a goal.

Fair call, I think Bent and Dickov must play together when we are trying to hold on to a lead or even trying to take a lead if we're struggling! Their pace and tireless running together unsettles defences, which means it's harder for the opposition to get any rythm going.

Well lads looks like Adams is saying it will be Dickov and Bent to start with Ferdinand on the bench. I'm not complaining, Dickov is great and gives the crowd such a lift when he's playing, but you can't deny Les knows where the goal is and is probably our most potent weapon up front.

That said, he's nearly 20 years older than me, the lad can't start every game!

Another matter which MA has to consider is that we play Bolton 2 days later and a 37 year old will not be able to play these very important games i.e. 2x90 mins in such space of time. So he has to decide does he start both and come off or start one and be sub for the other.

Play Dickov by all means - but not as a striker. Why do you think in this department at the higher levels (Premiership and International) he always becomes surplus to requirements? The answer is very simple - he misses a lot. And this is one thing I notice the Dickov die-hards are very coy about. He lacks a strikers instinct, he often shirks that responsibility and technically he is nowhere.

I cannot believe some of the nonsense put up here in Dickov's defence. The one that has me weeping is that his all round play places him higher-up the reckoning than Ferdinand "who only scores goals." Well knock me down with a feather and there was me thinking that was what a striker was paid to do.

After that little shock I better start looking again at other players responsibilities. For example, I've been labouring under a massive misapprehension for some time now that Ian Walker's job is to save goals. Obviously not - it's to hoof goal kicks into space!

I had an inkling you are James Walker......After that post, you have confirmed this.

Play Dickov by all means - but not as a striker. Why do you think in this department at the higher levels (Premiership and International) he always becomes surplus to requirements? The answer is very simple - he misses a lot. And this is one thing I notice the Dickov die-hards are very coy about. He lacks a strikers instinct, he often shirks that responsibility and technically he is nowhere.

Dickov is a striker, and he scores goals, He has 5 Premiership goals to his name in 11 starts - Not a bad record. Don't give me this crap that they have come from penalties because at the end of the day, a goal is a goal irrespective of how it is scored.

Obviously Dickov isn't the most technical player in the Premiership, but he certainly doesn't lack in that area. Just look at his goals against leeds for example - The first one illustarted his ability to control the ball on his chest, and then swivel in one movement to volley the ball past the keeper. The second one showed how he was able to place a shot past the keeper using his WEAKER foot with precision.

I cannot believe some of the nonsense put up here in Dickov's defence. The one that has me weeping is that his all round play places him higher-up the reckoning than Ferdinand "who only scores goals." Well knock me down with a feather and there was me thinking that was what a striker was paid to do.

What that statement was supposed to higlight that Ferdiand just scores goals, and doesn't contribute much else. Obviously, that is the main priority of a striker, but if he isn't doing too much else for the team, it makes the rest of the team's job a lot harder as he's not the type of player to go and close down the opposition.

As you have noted, Dickov is very good with his approach play, and this is important if you're a striker. Dickov holds the ball up well, and is nifty enough to turn defenders in order to get that half yard. It's no good just scoring goals if that player isn't helping the rest of the team off the ball, hence the Everton game where their defence had the time to pick out passes and get things moving.

Scowcroft, your reasoning that I must be James Walker because I don't fall in with your rot about Dickov is crass to say the least. Almost as idiotic as the poster who puts me down as a citizen of Sollihull (shows how much he knows about LCFC).

Christmas thought: Survival depends on the success of the Ferdinand/Bent partnership.

Merry Xmas to you and all other City loonies.

Solly said:
Scowcroft, your reasoning that I must be James Walker because I don't fall in with your rot about Dickov is crass to say the least. Almost as idiotic as the poster who puts me down as a citizen of Sollihull (shows how much he knows about LCFC).

Christmas thought: Survival depends on the success of the Ferdinand/Bent partnership.

Merry Xmas to you and all other City loonies.

That is not the reasoning. Your style of posts and your views on Dickov are identical to that of James Walker. Don't assume that is the reason why I have labelled you as James Walker you ignorant old fart. :wink:

I respect other people's views, so don't give me that bullshit.

If you wish to view me and the bombastic Walker as one and the same, that's your problem sonny (don't let the facts get in the way of a good story eh?) Another set of awkward facts about one unconvincing forward are similarly overlooked by you.

All that glitters is not gold my friend.

Solly - If you are not James Walker, then how do you know about him? You registered on this forum on the 2nd November and James Walker had supposedly "died" before then. This means that you shouldn't really know who James Walker is, but you're posting as if you know all about him.

Another case solved by Detective City Fan. :wink:

Durr...go to forum index...durr...click on 'go to' pages...durr...and check out James Walker postings...durr

Another wrong conclusion jumped at by a complete chump!

:shock:

Durr......what the hell are you on about.....durr.......you're James Walker.......durr.......don't deny it.........durr

:wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758