Should large release clauses be in for a Manager ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Payne74

So with Mr Rodgers release clause alleged to be at £14 Million should this be increased to a more realistic amount like in a player's contract.
If Rodgers was to leave the finical impact could run into tens of millions, if Rodgers left & we finished tenth (for example) then the lack of champions League money, lower finish in the League & the better players wanting to leave to play champions League football the financial losses could be astronomical.
So what would be the figure as a release clause ?

By the way at this present time I don't think Rodgers would go anywhere.

I tell you what. This media shit stirring is ****ing me right off. Leicester haven't "named their bastard price." Because we will refuse to give ****ing permission. I hope no one rises to the challenge and gives the media a reaction (like this). I also hope to ****ing God that this crap doesn't unsettle us. With **** Spurs galvanized, and possibly Arsenal too, it makes it more and more difficult to get a top 4 place.

So with Mr Rodgers release clause alleged to be at £14 Million should this be increased to a more realistic amount like in a player's contract.
If Rodgers was to leave the finical impact could run into tens of millions, if Rodgers left & we finished tenth (for example) then the lack of champions League money, lower finish in the League & the better players wanting to leave to play champions League football the financial losses could be astronomical.

At this present moment, Rodgers is almost priceless as far as we are concerned IMO. We would have to be offered a lot of money, obviously if money was the sole factor I'd say £50m+ - we wouldn't ask for less if he was a player. But obviously we know that money isn't the sole factor. So his desire to stay or go will play part as will the opposite club's desire to land him. FWIW I think he would be tailor made for Arsenal.

What I will say is that yes a manager who does well will inevitably go. I never expected anything different with BR. But surely he wouldn't go now. He's barely started.

A move to Arsenal would not guarantee him a Champions League place next season, but he has the right setup, performances and player attitudes with us to make it a very strong possibility.

Whoever said it's a release clause? It isn't.

we don't put release clauses in since we got caught out with Kante's transfer to Chelsea

What if the only way someone will sign for us is if there's a release clause?

I think signing Kante with a release clause was better than not signing him at all.
you'd have to ask the club, just passing on what I've heard

You can’t unilaterally change what is in a contract unless the contract provides for it (rare for this kind of contract), or the parties agree to vary the terms. I draft them for a living.

For what it’s worth I think this is just the media shit stirring. We are doing well. It is too easy to say little old Leicester’s players and manager are all desperate to go somewhere else.

I hate the press around our club. It is always, look how well they are doing... not long til these players/manager go somewhere else. Our own newspaper is guilty of it too. No one ever puts a positive spin on it. No one ever says look at Leicester building something special, breaking the traditional hierarchy.

No one ever says this is a place for top talent to play, develop and compete for honours... and we are that place now. Man U where they currently sit is not a step up. Half A billion in debt and mediocre as ****.

the football media are terrified of a team not in the North West or London breaking up their precious big 6 club

Chris Sutton hates us for some reason

I like Sutton. You just have to accept that his main cash cow is talking to Celtic supporters and he is a natural piss taker.

Maybe he's a bit more bitchy about us because he's from Nottingham? Who knows.

I can't get worked up about his 'opinions for money' but the way he deliberately doesn't take the role of pundit seriously appeals to me. Too many of them are full of themselves. He's just there for a laugh and a wind up.

I like Sutton. You just have to accept that his main cash cow is talking to Celtic supporters and he is a natural piss taker.

Maybe he's a bit more bitchy about us because he's from Nottingham? Who knows.

I can't get worked up about his 'opinions for money' but the way he deliberately doesn't take the role of pundit seriously appeals to me. Too many of them are full of themselves. He's just there for a laugh and a wind up.

Weird

Why is this? He constantly berates us.

He totally flopped at Chelsea and had to retire to Scotland. He now pretends that the Scottish league isn't shite as it makes his career look better.

Pretty much everyone on TV and radio talks complete and utter arse gravy with one or two exceptions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757