Should Scowcroft leave?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steven

Given the fact that we might be able to get a few quid for him and that he has only one year on his contract, maybe it is time to cash in on Scowcroft and look for some other talent. :wink:

I say yes, especially as we have signed Blake. we have Canero, Gillespie, Nalis, Gemmill, Morris, O'Grady and Petrescu who can all play there. Obviously the first 3 are the most suitable but then how suitable is Scowy?

well we definitly have the players to replace him. i feel when we have him he needs to play, but if he isn't here then it gives MA one less problem and allows other players to get a chance

let him go then we can buy a real left back. He's servrd us well but his wages are ridiculous.

Wages are the issue here, Scowy will play this season for us then go IMO.
Why not 'earn' the extra dough this year as he will not get another contract this large :oops:
Norwich are not going to afford or offer anywere near what he is on now.

IF he did go it would give us the cash for Gemmill and 'A N Other' but can not see it myself.

I'm not sure.
surely scowcroft fancies another crack at the premiership, even if it does mean a drop in wages? or am i being naive?.
I would like to see him stay as i think he is technically a good player, it is just his workrate that lets him down, but anything around £750K represents good value for us right now and i would sell.

Nottm Fox said:
I'm not sure.
surely scowcroft fancies another crack at the premiership, even if it does mean a drop in wages? or am i being naive?.
I would like to see him stay as i think he is technically a good player, it is just his workrate that lets him down, but anything around £750K represents good value for us right now and i would sell.

He would get anothrt crack at the premiership, but only for one season :lol:

Bear in mind that Scowy would probably ask us for compensation for his drop in wages before agreeing to a move. Therefore we would need a reasonable fee from Norwich to cover this. Might explain our slightlt optomistic valuation of £2 million. :D

he must be hoping to get leicester back in the prem "for another crack". that way he may just win another contract, maybe smaller but he may just have leicester in his heart now.

Let him go. Then at least MA will have the option of picking 11 players each week instead of 10+Scowcroft who seemed to get picked no matter how crap he was last season. :wink:

yeh he should leave if the price is right - he brings something to the team as an extra threat at set pieces and appearing on the back post to head in but what do we lose in general open play? quite a lot IMO - hes not very good with the ball at feet and not very quick, Canero, Nalis or even an improved gillsepie would be better. Of course he brought 10 or 11 goals last div 1 campaign but i dont think thats quite enough to justify all we lose in not having a proper midfield. also who knows how many of our defensive problems might be caused by having an old fashioned centre forward playing on the wing.

Naughty Fox said:
Wages are the issue here, Scowy will play this season for us then go IMO.
Why not 'earn' the extra dough this year as he will not get another contract this large :oops:
Norwich are not going to afford or offer anywere near what he is on now.

If he went - Leicester would have to pay a big slice of his wages & I also suspect that he is on a loyalty clause (I think Webmaster suggested this some weeks ago) which would imply a slice of the fee if he hasn't asked for a transfer.

Unless someone came in with an inflated offer then its unlikely he will go - if it were otherwise I guess he would have gone by now.

Loyalty to a team does not enter the equation - with any club let alone a relegated club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757