Should Walker be dropped

Should Ian Walker be dropped in place of Danny Coyne?

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.
dannyboy said:
The game was gone at 2-0, even at 1-0 if u wanna be harsh cuz we don't come back...

Even so, doesn't mean the goal doesn't matter. Every goal we concede is a cause for concern, and Walker's inability to come off his line was alarming. He was certainly more fault for the thrid than the 1st.

We cant just blame Walker for the 3 goals! You could blame the defence because if the defence is shit then its going to be hard for Walker.

Ohhh and Taggarts own goal was class! No keeper would of stopped that :lol:

Scowcroft said:
dannyboy said:
The game was gone at 2-0, even at 1-0 if u wanna be harsh cuz we don't come back...

Even so, doesn't mean the goal doesn't matter. Every goal we concede is a cause for concern, and Walker's inability to come off his line was alarming. He was certainly more fault for the thrid than the 1st.

That's like saying the 5th villa goal was offside... does it matter? ultimately?

dannyboy said:
Scowcroft said:
dannyboy said:

That's like saying the 5th villa goal was offside... does it matter? ultimately?

Of course it matters - Some of the goals we have conceded have been beyond diabolical, and it only just highlights how poor our defence really is. It may not have matterred in the final context of the game, but it matters as we still continue to leak Sunday League goals and it has to stop.

I think Walker should be dropped for maybe 1 game to get his head right, He has clearly been a bit shken by Andy 'Twat' Price so ret him for a game then keep him permenent, He is quaLITY!!!

No, you're not bad, but I don't think he should be dropped; that was a World Class save in the first half from Djorkaeff.

It was a freak accident, but to drop him could totally destroy his confidence.

alex said:
No, you're not bad, but I don't think he should be dropped; that was a World Class save in the first half from Djorkaeff.

What about the 2 crosses he came for and missed?

The goal he conceded today was shocking, and his kicking was atroscious. I didnt think he should be dropped, but after todays performance i'm not so sure.

alex said:
He punched one, the other was a mix up with Taggs.....

He was blameless again? Just look at the evidence, last seasons highlights, the mistakes he's made this season. Shot stopping first class and kicking usually sound but I keep saying it........ Until he learns how to deal with crosses we will carry on conceding.

Dropping Walker won't do him any good - It will just destroy his confidence. In the long term, Coyne is not first choice as he's simply not good enough. I've not seen the goal on TV yet, so i'll probably change my mind completely afterwards..... :wink:

Petrescu said:
Scowcroft said:
I've not seen the goal on TV yet, so i'll probably change my mind completely afterwards..... :wink:
Probably :lol: It's worse than you could imagine! :cry:

I couldn't believe it was a goal at First! I was in complete shock, and when the Bolton players were celebrating then it finally dawned on me.........It was very shocking at the time......I didn't know what he was playing at?!? :shock:

alex said:

I think his confidence has already been destroyed. If you saw the interview after the match, he looked like he was going to cry. :cry:

foxylady said:
alex said:

I think his confidence has already been destroyed. If you saw the interview after the match, he looked like he was going to cry. :cry:

What I liked was that he came out on camera and admitted that it was a cock up, he had let the players down etc. I gained a lot of respect for him after that because he could of just hiden away.

Those two crosses he looked uncomfortable with were stupis realluy because two Bolton players kept standing in front of him and pudhing him in his own goal! Surely thats obstruction!?

We shouldn't even consider dropping him as he is a great keeper and way better than Coyne.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Ipswich4389
2Leicester4288
3Leeds Utd4387
4Southampton4181
5West Brom4372
6Norwich City4371
7Hull City4265
8Coventry City4263