should we have a music forum

shoul there be a music forum

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Petrescu said:
No they aint! It depends how much you heard them before you judge :)

I've heard far too much: For Your Lungs Only. Goddamnit. Maybe I'll Catch Fire. Self-Titled. Hell Yes. From Here To Infirmary. My mate loves them but they are just plain awful. We all have our opinions.

Petrescu said:
Ok. Fair Enough. I cant see how they are plain awful though :( At least you've gave them a chance :D

I did give them a chance. A good band to see at the moment are British Sea Power - very intersting stuff.

I saw BSP supporting the Flaming Lips at Rock City.

Top 3 albums this year for me: Kings Of Leon, Dizzee Rascal, Outkast.

Got tickets to see Tom McRae in Cambridge (for Free, invite only) but can't make it on 10/12. Anyone fancy it? Doubt if many (if any) will have heard of him but he's quality.

Other bands/music I like - Ed Harcourt, The Sleepy Jackson, Jay-Z, New Alicia Keys album, Blur, Four Tet, Coldplay, Massive Attack, Elbow, Starsailor, The Streets, The Thrills, Jet, and the old classics, Marvin, Stevie, Al Green, The Beatles, Kinks etc.

Dunc said:
I saw BSP supporting the Flaming Lips at Rock City.

Top 3 albums this year for me: Kings Of Leon, Dizzee Rascal, Outkast.

Got tickets to see Tom McRae in Cambridge (for Free, invite only) but can't make it on 10/12. Anyone fancy it? Doubt if many (if any) will have heard of him but he's quality.

Other bands/music I like - Ed Harcourt, The Sleepy Jackson, Jay-Z, New Alicia Keys album, Blur, Four Tet, Coldplay, Massive Attack, Elbow, Starsailor, The Streets, The Thrills, Jet, and the old classics, Marvin, Stevie, Al Green, The Beatles, Kinks etc.

Did you like British Sea power? Did the guy come around with his big drum?

I did like BSP and the album is good.

They were really good live, started with the first 5 mins of A matter of Life or Death, then they came out and did their set.

The guy with the big drum came into the crowd and stood right next to me as the bloke he was stood behind was monged out his head and didn't even notice a member of BSP standing behind him banging a huge marching band drum.

Funny though, and the Lips were top as well. Good night really. Went to Rock City last month to see Starsailor (a band better live than on CD) and ended up in the after show party talking to the groupies, oh the band was there too.

Good place Rock City.

Dunc said:
I did like BSP and the album is good.

They were really good live, started with the first 5 mins of A matter of Life or Death, then they came out and did their set.

The guy with the big drum came into the crowd and stood right next to me as the bloke he was stood behind was monged out his head and didn't even notice a member of BSP standing behind him banging a huge marching band drum.

Funny though, and the Lips were top as well. Good night really. Went to Rock City last month to see Starsailor (a band better live than on CD) and ended up in the after show party talking to the groupies, oh the band was there too.

Good place Rock City.

The drum guy is well funny! Did they put all trees on the stage and heron's and penguins? I think "Carrion" is one of the best songs of recent times.

Custom poo more like ;-)

Yeah they had the herons and shit, bloke in the 40's army helmet etc. Then The Flaming Lips come out in Furry costumes etc, so it was a bizarre sight but brilliant. I reckon you could hate the Lips' music and still walk out their concert with a smile on your face, its just amazing.

Dunc said:
Custom poo more like ;-)

Yeah they had the herons and shit, bloke in the 40's army helmet etc. Then The Flaming Lips come out in Furry costumes etc, so it was a bizarre sight but brilliant. I reckon you could hate the Lips' music and still walk out their concert with a smile on your face, its just amazing.
You've heard it then? :wink: :wink: :lol:

Malf said:
Alex where abouts in london do you live?

2Unlimtied Malf. "there's no limits"

is that Croydon Area?

Yes near Croydon.......which is where I current;y work....and yes, on the Gatwick flight path!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3882
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3776
5West Brom3967
6Norwich City3961
7Coventry City3860
8Hull City3859