Confirmed Transfer Silva to Sampdoria

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Leicester City can confirm that midfielder Adrien Silva has signed a permanent deal with Serie A side Sampdoria, subject to international clearance.

He made his top-flight bow for City against Huddersfield Town in January 2018 and went on to play a total of 21 times in all competitions for the Foxes.

Silva enjoyed two loan spells with Monaco during his stint at King Power Stadium, and leaves Leicester City with the best wishes of everyone at the Football Club.

A very poor acquisition. Could not cope with the physicality or pace of the Premier League.

Hurrah. The second member of the feckwit four (Slimani, Ghezzal, Silva and Diabate) to go.

Pound for pound probably our worst ever signing. £22m in summer 2017. We feck it up so he cannot play until January 2018. His debut PL match is as an 86th minute sub on 1st Jan 2018. His final PL appearance was as an 82nd minute sub in Aug 2018.

£80k a week for three years - with some offset from his loan at Monaco - for a total of 851 minutes of PL football.

The reason he didn't play more was because he was appalling. Slow, ponderous, incapable of finding a team mate with a pass, waddling around the centre circle like he was a demetia patient plonked on a desert island.

He is given a pass by many due to the circumstances of his signing and the fact that he smiles in pictures and doesn't appear to slag the club off. However, I think he's a dreadful professional who never had any interest in playing for us or adapting to the PL. He had enough experience and knowledge to at least appear competent.

As I say, I cannot think of a worse signing we have ever made in terms of the cost/benefit.

Hurrah. The second member of the feckwit four (Slimani, Ghezzal, Silva and Diabate) to go.

Pound for pound probably our worst ever signing. £22m in summer 2017. We feck it up so he cannot play until January 2018. His debut PL match is as an 86th minute sub on 1st Jan 2018. His final PL appearance was as an 82nd minute sub in Aug 2018.

£80k a week for three years - with some offset from his loan at Monaco - for a total of 851 minutes of PL football.

The reason he didn't play more was because he was appalling. Slow, ponderous, incapable of finding a team mate with a pass, waddling around the centre circle like he was a demetia patient plonked on a desert island.

He is given a pass by many due to the circumstances of his signing and the fact that he smiles in pictures and doesn't appear to slag the club off. However, I think he's a dreadful professional who never had any interest in playing for us or adapting to the PL. He had enough experience and knowledge to at least appear competent.

As I say, I cannot think of a worse signing we have ever made in terms of the cost/benefit.

Possibly the most OTT load of shite you've posted.

He didn't make the grade in the PL, simple as that. He didnt uproot his young family to somehow come here and not give a shit on purpose.

Ruin his very successful international career just to pull the wool over our eyes.

A load of rubbish

“Practically a free transfer”, Claudio is delighted, claiming that Silva “can attack, defend and be a water carrier if necessary”. The thought that we got our Silvas mixed Up and signed the wrong one hoves into view once more.

Possibly the most OTT load of shite you've posted.

He didn't make the grade in the PL, simple as that. He didnt uproot his young family to somehow come here and not give a shit on purpose.

Ruin his very successful international career just to pull the wool over our eyes.

A load of rubbish

Like many others, I think he signed for us for the money to make his family secure for their future which is an understandable thing to do from his perspective but we were duped.

He will have made at least £15m by signing for us. The moment the ink was on the contract though, his motivation and interest was gone. It was clearly not as simple as not making the grade in the PL. The gap between his prior record and his performances for us was massive.

I think we signed him with absolutely no idea of how to integrate him into the team. He turned out to be a poor signing but the fault is on both sides. The same goes for Slimani.

I feel for the guy still. He got seriously mucked around and was effectively put on gardening leave through no fault of his own. Lost a heap of game time, and never got whatever he may have had back. Wish him best of luck at Sampdoria.

good luck to him. maybe italian football will suit him more, and Don Ranieri will get him a pizza or two in

I feel for the guy still. He got seriously mucked around and was effectively put on gardening leave through no fault of his own. Lost a heap of game time, and never got whatever he may have had back. Wish him best of luck at Sampdoria.

I think he was ****ed over by poor recruitment analysis and an incompetent transfer negotiation.

I think anyone who suggests he actively didn't give a **** about being successful is just making things up.

I don't feel particularly sorry for him though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757