Silverfish

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darth Vodka

the little bastards keep scuttling around my bathroom floor

anyone know how to kill them all?

what are they living off? skin, Lynx Africa showergel and old Vizs?

:102:

They are generally associated with Damp problems. Do you have a damp problem or perhaps a leak under the bath?

INSECTICIDES FOR SILVERFISH
Our range of insecticides can be used to control silverfish.

Our selection of silverfish control insecticides are some of the very best available to the DIY pest controller. The highly acclaimed Strikeback range of pest control products are supported with an instructional DVD and a step by step pest control manual to make sure our customers get the very best from their pest control programme. [More...]

Click the image to the left or here for more information and to buy online now

They are generally associated with Damp problems. Do you have a damp problem or perhaps a leak under the bath?

not that i know of, have never looked under the bath, it's a panel, may take it off...

it is very damp, the extractor fan is shite

from wiki

"The favorite food of silverfish is any matter that contains starch or polysaccharides, such as dextrin in adhesives. These include glue, book bindings, paper, photos, sugar, hair, and dandruff. "

so...old Vizs and skin it is then, might have pick the reading material up and have a hoover round!

not that i know of, have never looked under the bath, it's a panel, may take it off...

it is very damp, the extractor fan is shite

Do you have a window in the bathroom? Try opening it for as long as possible to dry the room out. If not look at getting the extractor sorted and get one with an overrun, i.e. when you switch it off it continues to run for a set period to ensure it is clearing the room. Using an insecticide is only a temp solution to the overall problem IMO.

Do you have a window in the bathroom? Try opening it for as long as possible to dry the room out. If not look at getting the extractor sorted and get one with an overrun, i.e. when you switch it off it continues to run for a set period to ensure it is clearing the room. Using an insecticide is only a temp solution to the overall problem IMO.

no window, if i leave the bathroom door open (and the window in my bedroom shut) it aggrevates the ****ing black mould on my window

not the best designed place...

the fan has an overrun, it's still non effective though, might moan at the landlord, but will have a clear up first

thanks insectperts (see what i did?)

They are harmless - leave them alone.

I bet they are tiny little things.....the silverfish we have at work however are massive!

As we do a lot of packing etc(working in a printers) we store a lot of boxes flat, and these horrid creatures love it cos they eat paper and stuff.

I don't like them anyhoo, how they scuttle along but whenever I bring some boxes to our area and one of those things suddenly appear it gets squished VERY quickly indeed!(My favourite way is using a tape gun........it's normally what I have to hand as i have to make the boxes up to put stuff in)

no window, if i leave the bathroom door open (and the window in my bedroom shut) it aggrevates the ****ing black mould on my window

not the best designed place...

the fan has an overrun, it's still non effective though, might moan at the landlord, but will have a clear up first

thanks insectperts (see what i did?)

Is your landlord called Rigsby?

silverfishch5.jpg

Dont feck around, get your baseball bat on them.

take many birds back to your place joe?

Nah, I always go back to their place - you can escape then once you've had your wicked way and avoid the problem of a bird hanging around the day after.

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  412
2Arsenal410
3Newcastle410
4Liverpool49
5Aston Villa49
6Brighton48
7Nottm F48
8Chelsea47
9Brentford46