SIR LES SNUB

Status
Not open for further replies.

lanxfox

Sir Les has spit his dummie out probably 'cause MA has appointed Aizlewood as a coach - a job that I think he wanted - so its back to London to play for Millwall just to rub MA's nose in it - I'm not really bothered all that much as although he did well for us last season hes not getting any younger and will only be a bit player next season - But along with him, Bent and *ukov leaving the big problem for us now is where are the goals going to come from next season - IMO we haven't got anyone left who can score ten goals a season let alone 20+ - Therefore we need to sign at least two decent strikers before the season starts - any ideas? :cry:

is this confirmed or just your opinion?

Well why is he having talks with Millwall if he intends to play for us this season?

lanxfox said:
Well why is he having talks with Millwall if he intends to play for us this season?

You are smoking the cigarette of hope. :wink:

Theres no proof of this story. Even though Ferdinand wouldnt mind going back to Millwall he would have to take a big pay cut.

Ohh yeah, never noticed that. Im catching you up Petrescu :wink:

Leigh said:
Micky says he's not going to Millwall...
Micky Adams said: "Les has assured me that he would not go to any First Division club other than ourselves, and obviously we hope that it all works out.

"I understand he has a Premiership club interested and there is nothing we can do about that. However, everything will depend on how well he recovers from his knee trouble."

http://www.thebluearmy.co.uk/scripts/news/details.asp?id=14989

Thank god for that.

Ferdinand said that if he was to carry on playing next season, he would only consider doing this in the First Division as he wouldn't be able to cope with the Premiership.

His attitude may well have changed, so we'll see.

Scowcroft said:
Leigh said:
Micky Adams said: "Les has assured me that he would not go to any First Division club other than ourselves, and obviously we hope that it all works out.

"I understand he has a Premiership club interested and there is nothing we can do about that. However, everything will depend on how well he recovers from his knee trouble."

Thank god for that.

Ferdinand said that if he was to carry on playing next season, he would only consider doing this in the First Division as he wouldn't be able to cope with the Premiership.

I remember that MA quote from a few weeks back and since then Les has been quoted as saying he would not re-sign until he knew what our squad would be like. IMO because we have signed Dublin I can not see Les coming back.

Naughty Fox said:
Scowcroft said:
Leigh said:

Thank god for that.

I remember that MA quote from a few weeks back and since then Les has been quoted as saying he would not re-sign until he knew what our squad would be like. IMO because we have signed Dublin I can not see Les coming back.

Not necessarily.

Les knows he won't be able to play every game. If Les does stay, it will probably mean Dublin alternating between defence and attack when needed. I really can't see Les playing more than 25 games next season.

That would only be if they were one of the main strikers, I would like to think that a current player and a new signing would be the main strike partnership and dion/les would be a back up.
Suppose a Dion/Les & (pacey) A N Other would not be too bad. :wink:

Naughty Fox said:
That would only be if they were one of the main strikers, I would like to think that a current player and a new signing would be the main strike partnership and dion/les would be a back up.
Suppose a Dion/Les & (pacey) A N Other would not be too bad. :wink:

Well, if Micky favours the Direct approach, we could well see this forward line:

Benjamin --- Dublin --- Sir Les --- Scowcroft

:wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861