Sir Les training on Monday??

Status
Not open for further replies.

BOB HAZELL

Is MA for real or is he just stringing us along :?:

Can anyone really see Sir Les turning out for us again next season. MA has said that he "expects " to see him for the first day of pre-season on Monday - i'm certainly not expecting to see him in the first game of the season :cry: :cry:

I sincerely hope I'm wrong, but why would Sir Les stay with a team that could well struggle in a poor division.

BOB HAZELL said:

Can anyone really see Sir Les turning out for us again next season. MA has said that he "expects " to see him for the first day of pre-season on Monday - i'm certainly not expecting to see him in the first game of the season :cry: :cry:

I sincerely hope I'm wrong, but why would Sir Les stay with a team that could well struggle in a poor division.

I agree - I'm certain that there will be a gang of regular posters who will say -'wait & see' everything is going to be fine on a whole range of issues - but my fear is that MA (and the rest)has been losing the plot for several months now.

Basically -no one seems to want to know about us because they don't fancy the look of the set up for next season.

BOB HAZELL said:

Adams said: "I've spoken to Les on numerous occasions during the course of the summer and, as far as I'm concerned, unless I hear otherwise he will report back for training on June 28 with the rest of the other lads.

"There is an offer on the table for him but I can't be confident about anything at the moment.

"If he stays then great, but if he decides to go then Leicester City will survive and carry on without him."

Ferdinand, who has been linked with Portsmouth and newly-promoted West Bromwich Albion, said: "I've got to sit down in the next month and talk to clubs about what I'm going to do, but it's 70-30 that I'm going to carry on.

"I've had four or five different offers. Leicester have made me one and a few have come in from the Premiership and First Division.

"But I won't commit myself to anyone until I can prove myself," added the former England international.

Micky is not stringing us along. He quite clearly states that he is not confident about it at the moment, or indeed any other transfer dealing......

Redditch Fox said:
BOB HAZELL said:

I agree - I'm certain that there will be a gang of regular posters who will say -'wait & see' everything is going to be fine on a whole range of issues - but my fear is that MA (and the rest)has been losing the plot for several months now.

Basically -no one seems to want to know about us because they don't fancy the look of the set up for next season.

Publically I am hoping that a slew of great signings will turn up on our doorstep on the 1st of July. Privately, I am beginning to think that argument has some merit. :? :? :? :roll: :cry:

Redditch Fox said:
BOB HAZELL said:

Hold up buster but the majority of division one teams wouldn't have been able to sign Williams or Dublin. Both players had offers from premiership teams apparently and we've beaten them off, I know it's frustrating because we haven't signed anymore players but that's the way things go early on before pre-season. To be quite honest out of the players signed by other clubs there is perhaps only one player I am upset who's gone to another club and that's John Harley. If come middle of July we are properly struggling then I will perhaps have a few sleepless nights, but other teams haven't got the upper hand over us yet. Adams knows what he's doing, there is no way i'm going to patronise him. Williams is one of the best central midfielders outside the premiership and I think we should soak up the fact we've managed to sign him.

We havn't got Williams yet. Im not sure we will really. It'll obviously end up going to tribunal, and if they ask for even £2m+ we won't be getting him. Forest are expecting £3-£5m which is a bit silly, but I think the most we can stretch to is about 750k probably. We'll be very lucky indeed if the tribunal set the price as low as that.

Tom W said:
We havn't got Williams yet. Im not sure we will really. It'll obviously end up going to tribunal, and if they ask for even £2m+ we won't be getting him. Forest are expecting £3-£5m which is a bit silly, but I think the most we can stretch to is about 750k probably. We'll be very lucky indeed if the tribunal set the price as low as that.

If we agree to go to tribunal we have to pay whatever they set it at. Also tribunals are never that high mate, Williams isn't a regular international so they'll be lucky to get £500,000 for him. Just because they are sticking a ridiculous price tage on his head means nothing, I could ask for a million quid for one of my chuff nuts but i'd never get that. Williams will sign for us, for about £400,000 IMO. If he was going to go to another club we would of heard so by now.

As I understand it ,we don't actually pay Forest a transfer fee as such,we pay them some form of compensation.We should just give them Hignett.

highland fox said:
As I understand it ,we don't actually pay Forest a transfer fee as such,we pay them some form of compensation.We should just give them Hignett.

We pay them the costs of what it has cost Forest to train Williams, so that won't be anymore than £400,000

If Forest want £3-5M for Williams then maybe they should offer him a decent wage, get him under contract then try to sell him. Lets see how many would be prepared to pay the asking price? My guess would be none.

Silly Forest :wink: :lol: , blaming others for not being able to afford proper players. This whole thing is about their board trying to divert attention away from the real issue of them not having a pot to p*ss in.

Les Ferdinand is not actually contracted to Leicester City...he doesn't have to turn up anywhere on monday...its the equivalent of my former employers calling me up to tell me they expect me at work on Monday...I know what i'd tell them :wink:

SilverFox said:
Les Ferdinand is not actually contracted to Leicester City...he doesn't have to turn up anywhere on monday...its the equivalent of my former employers calling me up to tell me they expect me at work on Monday...I know what i'd tell them :wink:

He's probably contracted till July 1st. :wink:

Scowcroft said:
SilverFox said:

Fair play, but if he didn't want to show he could always play the knee injury card

SilverFox said:
Scowcroft said:
SilverFox said:

Fair play, but if he didn't want to show he could always play the knee injury card

True, he could do, but Sir Les is a top bloke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester3883
2Leeds Utd3882
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757