Site Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff

Administrator
Staff member
I've just updated the site software.

It's a big update, so lots of things have changed.

None of the old add-ons I installed will work with this new version, and any other customisations I made have been lost.

Notable things that have changed:

The arcade is no longer available.
The ability to disable the swear filter has gone.
You can no longer select the number of posts per page.
Tapatalk doesn't work.
The 'reduced images' theme doesn't work.
The sidebar on the right has gone.

I will try to fix as much of this as possible in the coming days, but not everything will be possible, as some of it relies on add-on developers releasing a compatible version.

There are a number of new features, but I'm not sure what they all are yet.

I'm sure some of you will say you don't like the new look, but you'll get used to it.

Tweet embedding is currently not working. I should be able to fix that.

Some videos and tweets that were embedded in older posts may no longer appear. That might not be so easy to fix.

Any other problems you spot, please post them in here.

A new feature is previews of linked sites.
If you put a link by itself on a line, the forum will try to show a preview.

For example:

Looks at first glance to be more mobile-friendly, though I’m sure I’ll change my mind and start a Jeff Out thread soon enough.
In portrait mode on a mobile phone you no longer see the page numbers against a thread. If you click on a thread it takes you to its very first page. You have to turn your phone to landscape to be able to see the last page and select it. A bad flaw which hopefully can be fixed.

Slowly getting used to it. The link preview is an excellent addition. Also like having the menu always available, makes it easier to jump back to new posts at the end of a thread.

My biggest request would be setting the posts per page if it's possible.

In portrait mode on a mobile phone you no longer see the page numbers against a thread.
If you click on the thread title and there are unread posts, it should take you to the first unread post. If there are no unread posts it will take you to the first post.

If you click on the date of the last post, it will take you to that.

Most people don't want to jump straight to a page in the middle of a thread they've already read. But if you want to do that, click on the date of the last post, and below that you can select the page number you want to go to.

If you click on the thread title and there are unread posts, it should take you to the first unread post. If there are no unread posts it will take you to the first post.

If you click on the date of the last post, it will take you to that.

Most people don't want to jump straight to a page in the middle of a thread they've already read. But if you want to do that, click on the date of the last post, and below that you can select the page number you want to go to.
Sorry, but it still doesn't explain why page numbers aren't shown when in portrait mode, so you have to turn the phone to landscape to be able to click on the last page of a thread. In portrait mode you don't see them so all you can do is click on the thread title which takes you to the very first page in the thread. Incredibly frustrating.

Sorry, but it still doesn't explain why page numbers aren't shown when in portrait mode, so you have to turn the phone to landscape to be able to click on the last page of a thread. In portrait mode you don't see them so all you can do is click on the thread title which takes you to the very first page in the thread. Incredibly frustrating.

You don't need to see the page number to go to the last page in the thread.

Click on the date / time below the thread name and it will take you to the end of the thread. Just like it used to in the old version.

Certainly looks a lot better on my phone. I like the look overall. Thanks. I will make a donation.

Will tapatalk work in the future? Is there another app I can use?

Why do you need Tapatalk?

I don't like installing Tapatalk. It has horrible pop-ups that appear when people access the site on their phone, trying to make them install the app. I managed to hack it on the previous one to stop it from happening, but I don't know if I can do it with the latest version of Tapatalk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757