Pre Match Slavia Prague v Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes I definitely heard that too. I imagine he got his foot stood on and it took him a bit of time to run it off.

Of course we should try to win the cups. However, our schedule and squad make it impossible to go for everything and not royally feck up the main objective.

Going for the FA Cup doesn't screw our season. Going for the EL definitely will.

A very realistic scenario would be losing two cup finals and finishing 7th or 8th in the PL. Then is it worth it? Especially with no fans able to attend the finals?
Not sure I get your logic of being in the EL cup final being realistic but at the same time we definitely can’t win it...

Not sure I get your logic of being in the EL cup final being realistic but at the same time we definitely can’t win it...

My point is that if we try to win the EL, we'll inevitably blow our PL position or vice versa.

The potential schedule makes going for both impossible.

Chasing the EL and pretending that it will not have consequences to our PL season is absurd.

My point is that if we try to win the EL, we'll inevitably blow our PL position or vice versa.

The potential schedule makes going for both impossible.

Chasing the EL and pretending that it will not have consequences to our PL season is absurd.
But then what do we do next season if we do make the CL?

Bin it off because it will have an impact on the league?

It's clear Brendog thinks his players are capable of playing constantly and he will continue to do so I would imagine.

It's clear Brendog thinks his players are capable of playing constantly and he will continue to do so I would imagine.
If we make the champions league wouldn't we have a bigger, better squad.

Circumstances will be completely different. Many fewer midweek matches, probably fewer injuries, a budget to increase the depth of quality in the squad. This season is being compressed and there was no real preseason. The players look knackered already.

This season is the freak one. Pretending that it isn't is stupid. We could 29 more matches to play in less than 14 weeks. It's just not sensible to blunder on thinking that everything will be fine. We have to prioritise or we'll pay for it.

Exactly. You have to try and win everything you can. Eeeeeeeeven if we fail to qualify for europe for next season, which isn't likely, the squad for next season wouldn't have europe to worry about and we'll do really well.

Another rumour... no Evans, Tielemans and Vardy in the travelling squad.

So are we saying not to expect Kasper to travel? Because the plane can't take off with him onboard.

I suppose he could get the bus. If he sets off now he'll probably arrive on time.

So are we saying not to expect Kasper to travel? Because the plane can't take off with him onboard.

I suppose he could get the bus. If he sets off now he'll probably arrive on time.
Best put a bag on his head too, lest he be distracted by the many beer and sausage stands in Prague

What do we reckon on the team then. I think the below could do a job, keep Evans, Tielemans, Vardy at it for the away game v Villa. I'm assuming Castagne isn't available to start but could do 30mins at the end to get him warm for Villa

Schmeichel
Amartey Soyuncu Fuchs
Ricardo Ndidi Choudhury Thomas
Maddison
Iheanacho Barnes

If we stick with 4231 then for me it's

Schmeichel
Ricardo Amartey Soyuncu Thomas
Ndidi Choudhury
Albrighton Maddison Barnes
Iheanacho

Great to think that we can field 3 academy players in knockout stages of european comp without flinching too much.

Would make our Villa starting line up

Schmeichel
Ricardo Evans Soyuncu Castagne
Ndidi Tielemans
Albrighton Maddison Barnes
Vardy

Another rumour... no Evans, Tielemans and Vardy in the travelling squad.
I could see leaving Vardy and Tielemans at home but we only have 3 fit CBs Evans will travel I would think even if he's not starting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757