Pre Match Slavia Prague v Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.
My guess is the meaning was lost in translation,

“Kasper is an imposing figure”: was mistranslated as “Kasper is overweight.”

“Of course, Kasper makes fine saves”: was mistranslated as “Kasper’s corset make has five staves”
Is that from the ****ing French again?

The guy who wrote the article was interviewed on Talksport this afternoon, apparently it was Petr Cech who made the corset claim.

He also said city were only allowed into the country for a maximum of 24 hours and while it might warm up before Thursday‘s kick off time, it was -13 there this morning

Let’s be honest, this fixture is a ****ing nightmare for the club.

Freezing cold, overworked players, some limits on squad options, travel, players recovering from injury, big game this weekend.

We should go there, park 11 players behind the ball and barely move. To put Youri, Wilf, Evans or Vards in the firing line here would be madness. I think the same for Ricardo.

0-0, bring it home and sort it out.

Yeah, changed my tune.

All that in mind:

starts for

Ward
Hamza
Mendy
Thomas
Nacho
Fuchs
Amartey
Under
Perez (if fit)

We still have RB/CB and winger options to fill. Means Cags and Albrighton probably have to play.

Let’s be honest, this fixture is a ****ing nightmare for the club.

Freezing cold, overworked players, some limits on squad options, travel, players recovering from injury, big game this weekend.

We should go there, park 11 players behind the ball and barely move. To put Youri, Wilf, Evans or Vards in the firing line here would be madness. I think the same for Ricardo.

0-0, bring it home and sort it out.

Yeah, changed my tune.
I would hope we at least get one away goal, or all they'd need is a scoring draw in the second leg to go through...

Injury/Availability:

Ricardo not travelling as managing his fitness.
Castagne back in training but not included for this game, should be back for Villa.
Perez out for 2-3 weeks.
Justin to have his ACL op tomorrow.

Injury/Availability:

Ricardo not travelling as managing his fitness.
Castagne back in training but not included for this game, should be back for Villa.
Perez out for 2-3 weeks.
Justin to have his ACL op tomorrow.
That's positive about Castagne and makes a lot of sense for Ricardo.

So in summary:

Castagne
Ricardo
Justin
Perez
Morgan
Praet
Fofana
Daley Campbell (ineligible)

At a minimum out. Realistically joined by Tielemans, Vardy, Evans.

So a back 3 of Soyuncu, Amartey and Fuchs seems probable.

Thomas and Albrighton on the wings.

Mendy, Hamza in the middle.

Maddison, Nacho and Under as front 3

Not expecting a very entertaining game!

I could see him sticking Barnes and Evans into the side.

As I've said, I'd bin this off. However, it is clear that BR won't do this.

My thinking here is that he'll go with Amartey and Soyuncu in the centre of a back four (as he did at Brentford) with Thomas at left back.

The problem position is right back - no Justin, Ricardo, Castagne or Daley- Campbell. Therefore, the most likely solution is to play Fuchs there. I don't see why he couldn't do a job there - I'm sure he has done before (can't remember the game). I think that's more likely than Amartey at right back and Fuchs in the middle, or him playing Evans who is clearly struggling.

I thought Albrighton didn't look okay on Saturday so he might sit this one out with the thinking that we want him in the side and up for it at his old club on Sunday.

I think BR will consider it too big a risk to play both of Mendy and Choudhury together so one of Ndidi or Tielemans will play with one of them. I think he'll go with Mendy and Tielemans (again like at Brentford).

Under will play right side and without Perez available, he'll pick both Maddison and Barnes behind Iheanacho.

So the line up could well be:

Schmeichel
Fuchs Amartey Soyuncu Thomas
Mendy Tielemans
Under Maddison Barnes
Iheanacho

Evans, Vardy, Ndidi and Albrighton will add experience from the bench. With Ward and Jakupovic there too as well as Choudhury and a handful of kids.

As I say, not what I'd do, but that would enable him to bring in Ricardo, Castagne, Evans, Ndidi, Albrighton and Vardy on Sunday to freshen it up. He'd be basically asking Soyuncu, Tielemans (again), Maddison and Barnes (again) to just keep going.

As I've said, I'd bin this off. However, it is clear that BR won't do this.

My thinking here is that he'll go with Amartey and Soyuncu in the centre of a back four (as he did at Brentford) with Thomas at left back.

The problem position is right back - no Justin, Ricardo, Castagne or Daley- Campbell. Therefore, the most likely solution is to play Fuchs there. I don't see why he couldn't do a job there - I'm sure he has done before (can't remember the game). I think that's more likely than Amartey at right back and Fuchs in the middle, or him playing Evans who is clearly struggling.

I thought Albrighton didn't look okay on Saturday so he might sit this one out with the thinking that we want him in the side and up for it at his old club on Sunday.

I think BR will consider it too big a risk to play both of Mendy and Choudhury together so one of Ndidi or Tielemans will play with one of them. I think he'll go with Mendy and Tielemans (again like at Brentford).

Under will play right side and without Perez available, he'll pick both Maddison and Barnes behind Iheanacho.

So the line up could well be:

Schmeichel
Fuchs Amartey Soyuncu Thomas
Mendy Tielemans
Under Maddison Barnes
Iheanacho

Evans, Vardy, Ndidi and Albrighton will add experience from the bench. With Ward and Jakupovic there too as well as Choudhury and a handful of kids.

As I say, not what I'd do, but that would enable him to bring in Ricardo, Castagne, Evans, Ndidi, Albrighton and Vardy on Sunday to freshen it up. He'd be basically asking Soyuncu, Tielemans (again), Maddison and Barnes (again) to just keep going.
Can't see Fuchs playing RB??
Amartey, Soyuncu, Evans, Fuchs, Thomas as a wing-back 5, or push Thomas forward and you have a back 4 that can operate as a 5.
With the defence the way it is, too risky to play Choudhurry, he lacks concentration and protection.
Schmichael
Amartey, Soyuncu, Fuchs, Thomas
Mendy Ndidi Tielamans
Albrighton Maddison Barney

Subs, Ward, Evans, Choudhurry, Under, Vardy, Iheanacho

If those guys are out then I think we could go like this.
Get an away goal and then bring one or other of Choudhury or Mendy on to shore things up. No need for 2 sitting midfielders if we play 3 at the back. Be good to see Maddison at quarter back pinging Under and Barnes or knocking triangles with Iheanacho/Albrighton/Thomas

Schmeichel
Amartey Soyuncu Fuchs
Albrighton Ndidi Maddison Thomas
Under Iheanacho Barnes

Fuchs at RB ffs. You couldn’t make this stuff up.

Assuming no Evans, it will either be 5 at the back with:
Albrighton/Amartey/Soyuncu/Fuchs/Thomas

Or 4 at the back with:
Amartey/Soyuncu/Fuchs/Thomas

I don't see why Evans won't play, Brendan has taken this seriously all along, same with Vardy, maybe they won't start but I see no reason why they won't be on the bench, personally I want them there, we have a genuine chance of winning this cup

Fuchs at RB ffs. You couldn’t make this stuff up.

Assuming no Evans, it will either be 5 at the back with:
Albrighton/Amartey/Soyuncu/Fuchs/Thomas

Or 4 at the back with:
Amartey/Soyuncu/Fuchs/Thomas

1. BR said Fuchs cannot play centre back in a four.

2. The five is a possibility of course but I saw Albrighton was struggling (seemed unwell) on Saturday so him playing wing back seems unlikely.

3. We've already played three right backs at left back this season so why is it strange to swap?

I think it will have to be wing backs if that's all we've got.

But do we know Evans didn't travel? No mention of that so I assume he actually has and will probably play.

Otherwise it will be

Kasper
Albrighton, Amartey, Soyuncu, Fuchs, Thomas
Mendy, Hamza
Maddison, Barnes
NACHO

Is Big Wes fit yet?

OK. the right side of Soyuncu can play right back while his left foot plays centre back. Sorted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757