Software update

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've had an oddity with the Firefox app.

I got logged out and was asked to accept cookies, despite having done so before. I did that and tried to log in but got a "Oops" message 'you need to accept cookies' Which I did, again. Try to login and I get the "Oops" message again. So I'm stuck in a loop. Cleared browser cache (cookies, logins, etc) via settings but same thing, stuck in the loop. Cleared cache and data through app storage options but that didn't help either. Removed and reinstalled app and that sorted it... until I got logged out again. Then I'm back in the loop.

I'll try another browser and see what happens. It may have nothing to do with the software update, maybe purely a Firefox app problem (though it only happens on TB)

I have an adblocker (runs on my own DNS) and I don't enable push messages.

I got logged out and was asked to accept cookies, despite having done so before. I did that and tried to log in but got a "Oops" message 'you need to accept cookies' Which I did, again. Try to login and I get the "Oops" message again. So I'm stuck in a loop. Cleared browser cache (cookies, logins, etc) via settings but same thing, stuck in the loop. Cleared cache and data through app storage options but that didn't help either. Removed and reinstalled app and that sorted it... until I got logged out again. Then I'm back in the loop.

I'll try another browser and see what happens. It may have nothing to do with the software update, maybe purely a Firefox app problem (though it only happens on TB)

I have an adblocker (runs on my own DNS) and I don't enable push messages.
Have you tried the sofa plug?

Did that only start happening after this update?
If it happened in the 15 minutes or so before I started this thread, it will be when I was trying to fix a redirect loop on the site, and your browser might have suggested deleting cookies, when it was actually nothing to do with cookies. That was fixed by the time I started the thread.

Which Firefox app are you using (there are several different ones), and which device are you using it on?

I've tried the basic Firefox app on my Android phone and have had no problems.

Last edited:
Jeff Jeff it's the full fat Firefox version 68. First occurrence of the problem was last night, and it's just happened again now. No problems on my laptop. I suspect it's nothing to do with your software update, just coincidental. I switched browser and so far so good.

full fat Firefox version 68.

What exactly is that? In my Android store I can see five different Firefox browsers. Firefox, Firefox Focus, Firefox Preview, Firefox Nightly, Firefox Beta. None of them are called "full fat"... I'm guessing it's the first one, which I've used with no problems on my phone. I tried Firefox Focus, and that blocked the login box.

What device are you using it on?

I've marked the new address as a safe sender but the reply to this thread still ended up in spam

its just outlook, seems to be working now so like all windows products it seems it was just slow in recognising the change

Is it just me, or is there a problem with uploading pictures?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3882
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3967
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757