Post Match Southampton 0 Leicester City 9 (nine)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am struggling to comprehend last night. I know we won 9-0 but I can't really work out what happened.

Also, I will say once more. Caglar is a fabulous defender. I actually have a slight man crush.

Honestly, I feel for Southampton fans. For years we watched our team meekly surrender to teams far worse than our current lineup but in all that time — through Peter Taylor, Rob Kelly, Craig Levein, the season of three managers, Sven’s Millwall game — never have I ever seen a performance from our team as spineless, cowardly, and downright offensive as that shit they served up last night. Obviously it was unfortunate that they were up against a team hungry to make a statement but virtually every minute of that utter shitfest was an insult to professional football and not one of them should get paid.

Hopefully Southampton can make up for that performance when they hammer Man City.

My head is a bit sore today. Also I forgive Perez for last Saturday. Holy shit!

I'm still pissed off about that travesty of a penalty at Anfield. We'd be full on in a title race if the ref had got any bottle.

Man City are vulnerable. I don't buy the Lampard bullshit. Arsenal, Spurs and Man Utd are worse than us.

Liverpool have spent 30 years choking any and every opportunity they've had. They will do so again. We just need to stay in touch.

I genuinely don't think we're only playing for third place here. We're in another rollercoaster ride of a season. Anything is possible.

I'm still pissed off about that travesty of a penalty at Anfield. We'd be full on in a title race if the ref had got any bottle.

Man City are vulnerable. I don't buy the Lampard bullshit. Arsenal, Spurs and Man Utd are worse than us.

Liverpool have spent 30 years choking any and every opportunity they've had. They will do so again. We just need to stay in touch.

I genuinely don't think we're only playing for third place here. We're in another rollercoaster ride of a season. Anything is possible.
I hope Harry feels ill.

I gave Tielemans quite a bit of stick on here for the first 5-6 games, but he has been absolutely immense in the last few games. Back to how he was last season, arguably even better.

We are very lucky to be able to support this team right now.

Said to a Man City fan yesterday...if we can stay in touching of Liverpool they will piss their pants. Imagine them losing the title to Rodgers. Hahaha.

Both us and Man City know how to be relentless...Liverpool will absolutely crumble with the two most significant teams of the last five years chasing them.

God I hope this is a real chase. Let’s not lose hope when Palace beat us 4-0, ok?

Best team we have ever had. I have never seen an Lcfc side so ruthless in 60 years of watching. Brendan is just great.

When we beat Newcastle 5-0, I thought we took the foot off the gas.
At 3-0 last night it looked like it was going to happen again, however Brendan got the message across, and the rest is history

When we beat Newcastle 5-0, I thought we took the foot off the gas.
At 3-0 last night it looked like it was going to happen again, however Brendan got the message across, and the rest is history

Yup. He really was pushing them and even at 7/8 was pissed off at anything poor from us. Cags ****ed up at one point and the effort he went to get the ball back was great to see. Gegenbumming was probably the most fitting comment in the match thread. Top work.

Honestly, I feel for Southampton fans. For years we watched our team meekly surrender to teams far worse than our current lineup but in all that time — through Peter Taylor, Rob Kelly, Craig Levein, the season of three managers, Sven’s Millwall game — never have I ever seen a performance from our team as spineless, cowardly, and downright offensive as that shit they served up last night. Obviously it was unfortunate that they were up against a team hungry to make a statement but virtually every minute of that utter shitfest was an insult to professional football and not one of them should get paid.
I don’t.
I remember many years of hurt going to their old ground

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Ipswich4389
2Leicester4288
3Leeds Utd4387
4Southampton4284
5West Brom4372
6Norwich City4371