Post Match Southampton 1 Leicester 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
i kept thinking, 'move quicker' / 'take a chance' from about the 20th minute. I think this is what polite man managers refer to after games as 'showing bravery'. don't mean to be a downer, but it was a massively shit performance.

Seems the players are as arrogant as a lot on here - so much for the 9-0 repeat, fisting etc that was predicted...

Going to need to win one out of the last 3 now.

Spoiler......we won't. 3 games of Madders standing doing **** all to follow.

You’re wrong.
Yep, 100% wrong.

Maddison was hopeless, we were wasteful in front of goal, very little urgency in evidence even with a minute to go. Have to question some of the changes, we all knew Perez would be ineffective playing wide so Rodgers must surely have known. Evans and Wilf did their thing, Iheanacho with the assist again to save the day. Slightly brain-dead moment giving away the penalty but can’t be helped.

Good, solid, organised game from Saints, especially with 10 men for 80 minutes. Respect. Don’t think Ralph is the man to move them forward though. Think he’ll go soon.

Spoiler......we won't. 3 games of Madders standing doing **** all to follow.
I don't see Madders as standing doing **** all for the match.

He was constantly trying to make stuff happen but it wasn't working for him.

Thomas and Vardy offered a lot less than Maddison tonight.

A lot of you just seem to personally dislike Maddison for some reason.

Could be because he classically took the piss of the squad and city about 2 weeks ago

Could be because he classically took the piss of the squad and city about 2 weeks ago
It's been like that for ages before that, and he wasn't the only one that took part in that.

If you saw at FT too, he came off the pitch not looking happy at all which I would imagine was down to the result and possibly his own performance too.

Albrighton was laughing and joking with Mccarthy though and no one has mentioned that even though that is exactly what people on here crucified Chilwell for.

Brown Nose Brown Nose

Why the ancient Mince reference with your avatar?

Just ****ing shite

Thomas and Castagne both ****ing dreadful
Vardy embarrassingly bad
Maddison nothing more than an absolute ****ing disaster

Rip roaring stupidity to play Maddison and Perez together, especially when it pushed Perez out to fartarse about down the right. A complete ****ing howler of a decision, Rodgers, you bellend

Real chance that we’re going to piss this up against a wall

i'll go out on a limb and say that's the last time we'll see Maddison this season. He was injured at 80 mins and carried on, shooting on site like a heavyweight swinging in the last round.
I think his hip has gone again.
I reckon it'll be confirmed tomorrow

Disappointing result. Maddison still trying to discover some form, same for Vardy. This game reinforces the point that we need to think about our threat from set pieces when opponents attempt to stifle us like this..

Far to many were standing still and not working enough Tielemans was shocking, always to narrow, thought Albrighton should have been left side crossing early and into the box

I don't see Madders as standing doing **** all for the match.

He was constantly trying to make stuff happen but it wasn't working for him.

Thomas and Vardy offered a lot less than Maddison tonight.

A lot of you just seem to personally dislike Maddison for some reason.

Agreed. It wasn't his best game by any stretch - he didn't play well - but people seem to have such distorted views of the game.

I think some people see a bad performance - whether it's from a player or a team - and just throwing out common clichés without paying attention to the performance.

Maddison couldn't get anything to come off tonight. But he tried. He moved. He was involved. It just didn't come off. Partly poor execution. Partly because Saints were very organised and defending well. If anything he was trying too hard by the end and just shooting from anywhere, which was very frustrating.

Almost as frustrating as people making baseless criticism of players that don't even come close to matching what was on the pitch.

Thomas is also way out of his depth, established LB is a must for next season.
I thought he was our worst crosser on the pitch but Maddison was determined to be number one.
The shape and substitutions were pretty bizarre in the second half...almost as though Rodgers just thought...chuck as many attackers on as possible and hope they stay out of each other’s way.
We'd have been better off keeping the same shape at the back and hooking off Maddison for Perez or albrighton.

Dog shit.

Yet again we fail to capitalise on a great opportunity. It's quite incredible that we're still top 4, the league is really quite shit.
Is it incredible? We’ve just got 7 points out of 9. Alright we all wanted 3 point this evening. But it wasn’t like we pissed about and created nothing. Could, possibly should have won, but we got a point. At worst we’ll be 5 clear with four games to play.

We‘Ve been excellent for most of the season which is why we’re still firmly in the top four.

The narrative from the media and some/most of our fans is that we have no chance in the last three games. Sure, we could lose all three. But West Brom and Brighton have recently gone to Chelsea and not lost. Man Utd’s league season is realistically over. And this Spurs team shouldn’t scare anyone.

The narrative from the media and some/most of our fans is that we have no chance in the last three games. Sure, we could lose all three. But West Brom and Brighton have recently gone to Chelsea and not lost. Man Utd’s league season is realistically over. And this Spurs team shouldn’t scare anyone.
Exactly, we’ve beaten all three this season. **** being scared of teams we’ve already done.

I was drinking (in a garden), rather than watching the match. Did I miss much?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3882
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3966
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757