Post Match Southampton 1 Leicester 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
You missed watching a golden opportunity to begging.

Have some of you chaps ever heard of a glass half full?

This wasn't our greatest performance but, it is a struggle when up against a team (understandably) playing so defensively. I think Maddison will gain from a game in which he had so many long range shots: I bet you'll see something much more like the Maddison we know next time.

How many times have we seen a game like that where we've failed to hit back after a goal, against the run of play?

Not great, but another point: we move on...

Have some of you chaps ever heard of a glass half full?

This wasn't our greatest performance but, it is a struggle when up against a team (understandably) playing so defensively. I think Maddison will gain from a game in which he had so many long range shots: I bet you'll see something much more like the Maddison we know next time.

How many times have we seen a game like that where we've failed to hit back after a goal, against the run of play?

Not great, but another point: we move on...

I'd expect Madders to be out for a while. He was wandering about holding his side late on in the game. This game was the easiest of our run in (including WBA and Newcastle) and we ****ed it. Really ****ed it. It is possible we can win one of the games left but this was a massive opportunity pissed up the wall.

Not our best performance by a long shot so, as it transpired, I was more than happy with a point. This game looked to have banana skin written all over it as it went on. It was going to be one of those games where the narrative was written by 'plucky , 10 man Southampton' At 1 down, I thought we were ****ed because we had little attacking creativity. Thankfully Evans decided to take matters in hand and go looking.

Southampton defended well, credit to them, but we never really looked to try anything until we became frantic. I don't buy into the 'Madders shit' theory either. Not his best game (not alone there) no but he was trying to create something. And, like fitz above, I reckon he might be crocked with that hip again. I hope I'm wrong.

I reckon Soyuncu is going off the boil too. Maybe he's bored because he has **** all to do, other than knock the ball square. He had a brain fart moment (one we're almost coming to expect) That said, I thought he might have a dig, it looked on, but he knocked the diagonal instead. (He can twat a ball BTW, look at his fb page for evidence) Praps Rodgers is coaching a safety first/possession line that precludes players having a pop every now and again? Dunno?

Speaking of, that chance Wilf had late on (and I thought praps our best chance to win) I thought it was in and my exalted reaction startled the dog. It was one of those games - a dog startler....

This was the type of game we needed a Mahrez type of player, someone that has the skills to beat a couple of players and make some space for others.
It was a poor performance but it was ruined by the sending off, it was always going to be difficult as we struggle to play against sides that defend deep.
Still we are 3rd with 4 games to go and it's still in our hands.
Newcastle and Tottenham are very winnable.

It was a poor performance but it was ruined by the sending off, it was always going to be difficult as we struggle to play against sides that defend deep.
Yes, I was going to mention that in my earlier wibble.

The sending off determined Southampton's course of action from there on in. They became more about 'not losing', it hardened their defensive resolve. Man City completely dominated Spurs in the Carabao final but only got the one goal. Playing against a defensive block is always difficult.

Btw, (and I'll have a read of the match thread to read other opinions) the sending off, for me, was one of those that I could see the justification for. I thought Tyler went on a bit about it being unjust ("he got the ball") and Alan Smith, bless him, clearly didn't quite agree but didn't say so. That it was red might seem harsh but given where it was, the ref didn't have much choice. Vardy was taken out and would have been on goal.

Brown Nose Brown Nose

Why the ancient Mince reference with your avatar?

1. I couldn't stand looking at PMs face any longer.
2. That isn't ancient to me, I listen to that episode regularly. It's sensational.
3. I anticipated that it would confuse saddos that don't follow AM. But you fecked that up straightaway.

1. I couldn't stand looking at PMs face any longer.
2. That isn't ancient to me, I listen to that episode regularly. It's sensational.
3. I anticipated that it would confuse saddos that don't follow AM. But you fecked that up straightaway.
Good.

This was the type of game we needed a Mahrez type of player, someone that has the skills to beat a couple of players and make some space for others.
Still we are 3rd with 4 games to go and it's still in our hands.
Newcastle and Tottenham are very winnable.
Saying we could have done with the most skillful player I’ve seen play for City in my 40 years as a fan, in any game, even the ones we win comfortably, is a truism.

Saying we could have done with the most skillful player I’ve seen play for City in my 40 years as a fan, in any game, even the ones we win comfortably, is a truism.
You rate Mahrez above Andy Welsh?

Justin and Barnes are both big losses that are impacting or formation and style of play imo.

Both of them can carry the ball 50 yards in a few seconds and without them, we seem to have lost that spark to transform defence from attack in a second without a punt up the field.

Without that, we seem a bit flaccid and seem to take a while to get going.

Yes, I was going to mention that in my earlier wibble.

The sending off determined Southampton's course of action from there on in. They became more about 'not losing', it hardened their defensive resolve. Man City completely dominated Spurs in the Carabao final but only got the one goal. Playing against a defensive block is always difficult.

Btw, (and I'll have a read of the match thread to read other opinions) the sending off, for me, was one of those that I could see the justification for. I thought Tyler went on a bit about it being unjust ("he got the ball") and Alan Smith, bless him, clearly didn't quite agree but didn't say so. That it was red might seem harsh but given where it was, the ref didn't have much choice. Vardy was taken out and would have been on goal.
The referee made the right decision Vardy would have broken his ankle if his studs had stuck in. Ex professionals really piss me off with their ignorant assumptions, most players are not fully cognisant of the laws of the game anyway.
As soon as Southampton sat deep Tielemans was nullified and has been stated before Madders and Perez should not be in the same team they are the same type of player.
We will beat Newcastle and we are more than capable of stuffing Spuds and Manure, what happens if Chelsea and Arsenal win their respective Euro cups?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757