Pre Match Southampton v Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think they’ll start the programme with a selection of the goals so sometime in the first few seconds for me.

I think they’ll start the programme with a selection of the goals so sometime in the first few seconds for me.

That's a given - I'm talking about once the match has kicked off

Smokescreen. This can only mean Ings has signed a deal to join us in the summer. Contract means he can’t play against us.

Head-to-head

• Leicester won the reverse fixture 2-0 and could complete a league double against Southampton for the first time since 2000.
  • The Foxes have earned three successive Premier League victories at St. Mary's, including last season's top-flight record 9-0 away win.
Southampton

• Saints have lost 12 of their past 15 league games, a run which began with defeat against Leicester.
  • They have taken just 10 points from 16 league matches in 2021, five points fewer than any other side.
  • Southampton have dropped an unrivalled 21 points from winning positions this term.
  • A seventh home league victory of the season would be their most for five years.
  • The Saints can concede multiple goals in six consecutive top-flight matches within a season for the first time since a run of seven from December 1988 to February 1989.
  • Theo Walcott has scored five goals in 10 Premier League appearances against Leicester.
Leicester City

• With five games still to play, Leicester have equalled their total of 62 points from the previous season.
  • Only two of their nine league defeats this season have come away from home.
  • They're trying to avoid losing consecutive Premier League away games for the first time since the end of last season.
  • The Foxes could equal the club top-flight record of 11 away wins in a season, set in their title-winning campaign in 2015-16.
  • Ayoze Perez has scored seven top-flight goals against Southampton, more than against any other side.
  • Kelechi Iheanacho has scored 14 goals in his last 14 appearances. He could become the first Leicester player other than Jamie Vardy to score in four consecutive Premier League matches.
  • All five of Vardy's Premier League goals against Southampton were scored at St. Mary's Stadium.

Lovely stuff

We’re going to hammer these into the middle of next week. Total shit

9-0 to the fearless filberts

I'm still not cashing out on the shower of shite being relegated. We'll win 9-0 again and some mental end of season results gets rid of them.

Woke up with a Cup Final feeling about this one this morning.
The upside if we win this one, or win it handsomely is enormous.
10 point gap to 5th going into the weekend,
25+ goal difference making it very unlikely for chasing teams to catch it.
In many ways this is THE season defining game. If we win there is no way we will lose the last four on the bounce 3-0 while WestHam or Liverpool win each of their remaining games by the same score.

Woke up with a Cup Final feeling about this one this morning.
The upside if we win this one, or win it handsomely is enormous.
10 point gap to 5th going into the weekend,
25+ goal difference making it very unlikely for chasing teams to catch it.
In many ways this is THE season defining game. If we win there is no way we will lose the last four on the bounce 3-0 while WestHam or Liverpool win each of their remaining games by the same score.

It does feel that tonight could be the clincher. 10 points ahead going into the weekend is big, and puts a lot of pressure on Wham/Liverpool to have to win this weekend.

It's more or less done if we win tonight you'd think.

But given that it's a huge opportunity and we all think it's going to be an easy game, we'll probably shit the bed and end up losing 5-0 after Nacho, Evans and Tielemans all get sent off.

If we DO win tonight, we'd also only be 2 points behind Man Utd... If we win, then I hope Liverpool get a draw against Man Utd because I won't be worried about them catching us, but we'd have a chance to finish 2nd still.

How sweet would it be after last year to beat Man Utd to overtake them into 2nd...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757