Pre Match Southampton v Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.
We should absolutely fist these

We should absolutely fist these
I believe the Germans have a tactical approach of high intensity fisting called Gegenfisting.

Just heard Brendan on R5L. No talk at all of the chasing bunch. He's concentrating on Manchester United being only five points ahead.

If we DO win tonight, we'd also only be 2 points behind Man Utd... If we win, then I hope Liverpool get a draw against Man Utd because I won't be worried about them catching us, but we'd have a chance to finish 2nd still.

How sweet would it be after last year to beat Man Utd to overtake them into 2nd...

Very very sweet.
Would much prefer our game v them this year to be a knockout for 2nd rather than 4th....
That and an FA Cup win over Chelsea would make this a close run thing vs the title winning season. Obviously the title winning season will always win.

I think i would've liked Albrighton or Ricky P to come back in for Thomas, but they'd have to play on the left because Castagne only plays well on the right

This is the ideal type of game to give Thomas a start, the only way he will improve is to get 1st team action.

Comfortable 3-0 to the super Foxes

Correct me if I’m wrong but doesn’t keeping an unchanged team give them a real advantage in knowing how to play us. I know Brendan uses the first half to get an idea of the opposition’s play but we can be open to going behind like we did against Palace.

Correct me if I’m wrong but doesn’t keeping an unchanged team give them a real advantage in knowing how to play us. I know Brendan uses the first half to get an idea of the opposition’s play but we can be open to going behind like we did against Palace.

I saw someone else say this recently and think it's a very odd view personally.

Consistency in line up helps the players form relationships, form and understanding.

We should choose our best line up at all times. Yes you sometimes need to tweak that for the opposition but to change it just so they don't know what's coming doesn't seem like a good idea

I may be wrong but I thought palace targeted Fofana. When we play a 3 he often ends up in the right back position with the job of carrying the ball forward. Palace countered this by pushing Zaha out wide on Fofana and stopped our main outlet from the back.

Good job that Ranieri kept changing the lineup for most of the 2015-16 season then.
Yep fair point I’m a twat. Another example of why I don’t offer too many opinions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757