Pre Match Southampton v Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I'm Nacho my agent is spending a lot of time in Newcastle right now getting me £150k a week to jump ship in Jan Post AFCON.
The man was the clubs top scorer last year, the most in form player in Europe and is getting treated like deep fried shit this year.
He's been ****ing useless 75% of the time he's been on the pitch for us this season. Leaving out Maddison or Vardy for him right now would be utter, utter madness.

Same 11 barring Soumare out for KDH. Lookman had a great game against Watford, albeit they were shite. I'd keep him in. Dropping Vardy is Puelesque.

If I'm Nacho my agent is spending a lot of time in Newcastle right now getting me £150k a week to jump ship in Jan Post AFCON.
The man was the clubs top scorer last year, the most in form player in Europe and is getting treated like deep fried shit this year.
Oh yeah, he’d rip the Championship apart

Imagine as an away fan travelling to Southampton......then finding out Ted's playing the Carabao Cup lads.

What's you reasoning to prioritising the PL? What's the end goal? Vardy's influence is going to wane, eventually. Should BR consider JV's career goals? Or should BR just focus on his? Maybe I don't want to think that Vardy has a shelf life.

This one is hardly rocket science, not as if we would be changing the “squad” very much.

This one is hardly rocket science, not as if we would be changing the “squad” very much.

Maybe Ted is going to strengthen the bench and pick 2 wheelie bins and leave the 2 useless farts we signed from the saints back in Leicester, or better still bring them along and leave them there.

Head-to-head

• Leicester have won three of their past four away matches against Southampton, scoring 16 goals in total.
  • The Saints have had a player sent off in each of their last three home league games against Leicester.
Southampton

• Saints have lost 20 Premier League matches in 2021, more than any other team and their most in a calendar year since 1996.
  • There have been only nine goals scored in Southampton's six home league fixtures so far this season - the fewest of any team in the division.
  • Their tally of 11 Premier League goals this season is the second lowest in the division behind Norwich.
  • Ralph Hasenhuttl's side have only scored more than one goal in a game twice this season, drawing 2-2 against both Newcastle and Burnley.
  • Southampton have lost six of their seven matches in 2021 that were played on a Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday.
Leicester City

• Leicester are unbeaten in their past three away matches in the Premier League (W1, D2).
  • They could equal Blackburn's record from 2011-12 of both scoring and conceding in 14 consecutive away league games.
  • Brendan Rodgers' side have kept just one clean sheet in their last 19 league fixtures.
  • Jamie Vardy needs one goal to eclipse Ian Wright's record of scoring 93 times in the Premier League from the age of 30.
  • Ayoze Perez has seven Premier League goals against Southampton, which includes two hat-tricks.
ich includes two hat-tricks.

I hope Glyn listened to his Uncle Homer, then.....

1st time for a very long time I’m travelling on the window lickers bus for this one, not a great experience!

1st time for a very long time I’m travelling on the window lickers bus for this one, not a great experience!
Are you knitting a Filbert Fox teddy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758