Southend (H)

Status
Not open for further replies.
How many did we get in the premiership at Filbert street?
How many did we get when we last played Southend at Filbert street,

Irrelevant - a) We'd have sold Filbert St twice over when playing the big sides in the Premiership
b) Football and it's fan culture has changed so much since. Look at the attendance for the last time we played Southend at home. We were getting 22k playing shite football last season and losing and most of the time that was playing poor sides. Now we're winning, playing crap teams and the football's average.

I was interested that Mattock did not play or make the subs bench. Is he injured or dropped?. If he is dropped I am not surprised. Against Dagenham NP was rollicking him constantly and getting increasingly frustrated with him. I was not surprised when NP took him off in favour of Chris Powell. Well done to Chris Powell today for not only being picked for his 750th game but for managing the entire 90 minutes.

I was interested that Mattock did not play or make the subs bench. Is he injured or dropped?. If he is dropped I am not surprised. Against Dagenham NP was rollicking him constantly and getting increasingly frustrated with him. I was not surprised when NP took him off in favour of Chris Powell. Well done to Chris Powell today for not only being picked for his 750th game but for managing the entire 90 minutes.

Mattock goes missing far too much in games and generally looks lost when he has someone running at him. Powell has the fitness to keep up for 90 minutes even at his age, so he should be first choice every time I think

Just great. I don't think many of us could imagine being so well placed at this stage, perhaps we feel we ought to be, but we have had too many false dawns of late in order to trust anything.

Last edited:
Just great. I don't think many of us could imagine being so well placed at this stage, perhaps we feel we ought to be, but we have had too many false dawns of late in order to trust anything.

I think this is the least we could have imagined. Had we not thrown 5 points away at Swindon & Brighton then I would agree with you.

Just great. I don't think many of us could imagine being so well placed at this stage
TBH, early in the season I expected us to be 6 or 7 points clear by Christmas and it almost "all over", but Brauny quite rightly put me in my place.

Steve howard was simply fantastic yesterday, he must have won 90% of his headers including an assist for Fryatt's second. Speaking of winning virtually everything in air, Tunchev was immense.

Congratulations Chris Powell:038: 750 apps is a fantastic achievement and on the evidence of this season, he's still top class

Irrelevant - a) We'd have sold Filbert St twice over when playing the big sides in the Premiership
b) Football and it's fan culture has changed so much since. Look at the attendance for the last time we played Southend at home. We were getting 22k playing shite football last season and losing and most of the time that was playing poor sides. Now we're winning, playing crap teams and the football's average.

2 friends of mine came to the northampton game and were shocked to pay £28 for a league 1 game,to be honest most of the home games have been of poor quality,so its no real surprise the gates are falling,especially when the club charges those prices

Congratulations Chris Powell:038: 750 apps is a fantastic achievement and on the evidence of this season, he's still top class

Nice that it came against one of his former clubs too.

Nice that it came against one of his former clubs too.

eeerrr... It actually came three games ago. I suppose it's nice though that the fact was ignored and the feat was celebrated at home and against one of his former clubs.

2 friends of mine came to the northampton game and were shocked to pay £28 for a league 1 game,to be honest most of the home games have been of poor quality,so its no real surprise the gates are falling,especially when the club charges those prices

Whilst I can't defend our matchday prices, they could have paid £23 :icon_roll

They could have paid a tenner if they were fludie.

I think this is the least we could have imagined. Had we not thrown 5 points away at Swindon & Brighton then I would agree with you.

I think that's naive. Look at Forest, Leeds, Man City etc. other big clubs who have so far struggled to make it look as plain sailing as we have in recent weeks.

Great performance yesterday. The best performance i can remember for quite some time. Howard was superb. Fryatt looked extremely confident. I could possibly only pick out berner as below par. The new boy looked very impressive with his short contribution. More of the same please Nigel.

did anyone else think that fryatts celebrations were a bit subdued?? maybe he knows he wants to go or maybe he has got a bit blase about scoring so often??

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  513
2Liverpool512
3Aston Villa512
4Arsenal511
5Chelsea510
6Newcastle510
7Brighton59
8Nottm F59
9Fulham58