Spain v Portugal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teeno

This game has the potential to be game of the tornament.

Two neighbouring countries go head to head with the losser deffinatly elliminated.

Everyone would of expected Spain and Portugal to be the 2 going through from group A but Greece have played some fantastic football and look to be the surprise team going through.

My prediction for this game is...

Spain 2-3 Portugal

and Greece 2-1 Russia

Meaning Greece and Portugal going through.

Hopefully it will be an entertaining game but am I the only one who thinks these are two over-rated sides,Spain are always over-hyped while Portugal may well have some very good individuals but as a team they are nothing special.I believe England could beat either of them,the best side I've seen so far are the Czechs without doubt but Denmark have also done nothing wrong ,they may lack the stars but are a good all round side...they will no doubt now go out the tournemant on Tuesday after that 'kiss of death'.

More often than not the "BIG" games are always an anti-climax. This was definitely the case for this game until the last 30 minutes.

The only game that has lived up to expectations is the France England game, that had everything.

I've seen all three of Portugals matches and would be very confiudent about playing them in the quarter finals. Obviously I would prefer to play the Greeks.

Christiano Ronaldo is such an awesome prospect, he is so close to taking football to a new level. I have never seen anyone like him on the ball before, since the opening few months of last season he has come on leaps and bounds. His skills and step overs are channelled more wisely now and he is alot more effective, if Man Utd can become the force they once were Ronaldo could have a World Player Of The Year award to his name.

Last nights game was the quickest game of football i've seen in a long time, both teams running at 600 mph but not much end product.

Malf said:
Christiano Ronaldo is such an awesome prospect, he is so close to taking football to a new level. I have never seen anyone like him on the ball before, since the opening few months of last season he has come on leaps and bounds. His skills and step overs are channelled more wisely now and he is alot more effective, if Man Utd can become the force they once were Ronaldo could have a World Player Of The Year award to his name.

Last nights game was the quickest game of football i've seen in a long time, both teams running at 600 mph but not much end product.

It'll never happen. Ronaldo will break a leg soon, end of.

Joe_Fox said:
Malf said:

It'll never happen. Ronaldo will break a leg soon, end of.

I disagree, I can't believe he's only 19. No-one has that much skill and never makes a name for theirself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757