Post Match Spartak Moscow 3 Leicester 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was one of the 25. The whole thing was fantastic. My son is a teacher so we decided at Christmas that if LCFC were away in Europe during half term we would go as that is the only holiday time off he is allowed. Bloody hell , the draw is made and we’re going to Moscow !!! My only other European away experience was the farce at Porto.

Nephew and son’s friend join us plus my wife and son’s girlfriend travelled as well. As Jamie pointed out in his blog the logistics were horrendous including all of us having to go to Russian embassy in London to be fingerprinted for the visa.

Wasn’t able to buy tickets until Thursday then no contact from the club about them until they were emailed to me in Moscow on Monday evening. Disappointing from club. Few people speak English and our budget hotel had no facilities for printing anyway, luckily we knew another fan in a better hotel who printed them off for us. Deepak ( correct spelling I hope ) you’re a star !

My impression was that we were marginally better than them first half and we were unfortunate to be behind 2-0 but with Dhaka’s immediate response I knew we would win.

Positives:-
Maddison looked like he’s getting there and was repeatedly fouled as they struggled with him.
Soumare is good
Daka is gonna be a star. Vardyesque finishing. He’s the new kid on the block
Great to have a forward who does backflips when he scores
Moscow is a beautiful city and Red Square is jaw dropping. Worth jumping all the hurdles to get there
Spartak stadium is stunning
You can’t have too many Zambians.

Even better if it's straight in from a direct free kick. I can't remember the last time we scored one.

Goals direct from a free kick are rare in the Premier League.
There have only been four so far this season.

Last season half the teams in the Premier League didn't score direct from a free kick. The only teams to score more than one were Southampton (4), Arsenal and Leeds (2 each).

We got one, which was Maddison's against Liverpool in February.

Goals direct from a free kick are rare in the Premier League.
There have only been four so far this season.

Last season half the teams in the Premier League didn't score direct from a free kick. The only teams to score more than one were Southampton (4), Arsenal and Leeds (2 each).

We got one, which was Maddison's against Liverpool in February.

Wow, I know it's massively overstated how often players score from free kicks (particularly when players like Ronaldo step up) but never realised how low it was overall!

So only 15 direct free kick goals last season in the Prem in 380 matches?

Did JWP score all 4 of Southampton's? That's pretty impressive - scoring a quarter of the league's free kick goals.

The 'art' of the free kick, along with the 'art' of scoring from corners, seems to be out of fashion. Although, just like many other clubs, Leicester do now apparently employ a set piece coach.

The 'art' of the free kick, along with the 'art' of scoring from corners, seems to be out of fashion. Although, just like many other clubs, Leicester do now apparently employ a set piece coach.

Could be a great area to focus on to gain a competitive advantage

Probably Mike Stowell knowing us.
I still can't work out exactly who Stowell has photos of & doing what. The investigation continues.

Only working theory so far is that he's bonded to the fabric of the stadium & training ground by powerful satanic magic & can only be removed when the duration of his contract with the prince of darkness expires.

Apparently the average term for these arrangements is 100 years.

Was one of the 25. The whole thing was fantastic. My son is a teacher so we decided at Christmas that if LCFC were away in Europe during half term we would go as that is the only holiday time off he is allowed. Bloody hell , the draw is made and we’re going to Moscow !!! My only other European away experience was the farce at Porto.

Nephew and son’s friend join us plus my wife and son’s girlfriend travelled as well. As Jamie pointed out in his blog the logistics were horrendous including all of us having to go to Russian embassy in London to be fingerprinted for the visa.

Wasn’t able to buy tickets until Thursday then no contact from the club about them until they were emailed to me in Moscow on Monday evening. Disappointing from club. Few people speak English and our budget hotel had no facilities for printing anyway, luckily we knew another fan in a better hotel who printed them off for us. Deepak ( correct spelling I hope ) you’re a star !

My impression was that we were marginally better than them first half and we were unfortunate to be behind 2-0 but with Dhaka’s immediate response I knew we would win.

Positives:-
Maddison looked like he’s getting there and was repeatedly fouled as they struggled with him.
Soumare is good
Daka is gonna be a star. Vardyesque finishing. He’s the new kid on the block
Great to have a forward who does backflips when he scores
Moscow is a beautiful city and Red Square is jaw dropping. Worth jumping all the hurdles to get there
Spartak stadium is stunning
You can’t have too many Zambians.
Massive respect

Has anyone got a link to a video of the challenge on Albrighton?

You really do not want to see it. His leg must be made of rubberised steel to withstand that.
I do want to see it so I can form an opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757