Squad Numbers.

SJN-Fox

Leicester City Football Club can today confirm their squad numbers for the upcoming 2024/25 Premier League campaign, which gets underway on Monday night at home to Tottenham Hotspur.
Abdul Fatawu – who signed a permanent deal with the Foxes this summer – has been given the No.7 shirt, while Caleb Okoli, Bobby De Cordova-Reid and Michael Golding will wear No.5, No.14 and No.34 respectively.

Elsewhere, City’s most recent addition, Facundo Buonanotte, will don No.40, with midfielder Wilfred Ndidi changing to No.6, along with Ben Nelson and Wanya Marçal, who have switched to No.26 and No.27.

Shirt personalisation for Leicester City’s 2024/25 home and away shirts is now available in the Foxes Fanstore at King Power Stadium and at LCFC.com/shop.*

Confirmed squad numbers

1. Danny Ward (GK)
2. James Justin
3. Wout Faes
4. Conor Coady
5. Caleb Okoli
6. Wilfred Ndidi
7. Abdul Fatawu
8. Harry Winks
9. Jamie Vardy
10. Stephy Mavididi
14. Bobby De Cordova-Reid
16. Victor Kristiansen
17. Hamza Choudhury
20. Patson Daka
21. Ricardo Pereira
23. Jannik Vestergaard
24. Boubakary Soumaré
26. Ben Nelson
27. Wanya Marçal
28. Tom Cannon
30. Mads Hermansen (GK)
31. Daniel Iversen (GK)
33. Luke Thomas
34. Michael Golding
35. Kasey McAteer
37. Will Alves
40. Facundo Buonanotte
41. Jakub Stolarczyk (GK)
44. Sammy Braybrooke

Seems strange to change Wilf's number after all these years!

Someone arriving that's dying for 25?

Glad to see Danny Ward retains the number 1 shirt...

Glad to see Danny Ward retains the number 1 shirt...
As are all the fans with his name on the back of their shirt. It's good to have it confirmed what number he wear though, as usually there's the back of a seat on the bench in the way.

Confirmed squad numbers

1. Danny Ward (GK)
2. James Justin
3. Wout Faes
4. Conor Coady
5. Caleb Okoli
6. Wilfred Ndidi
7. Abdul Fatawu
8. Harry Winks
9. Jamie Vardy
10. Stephy Mavididi
14. Bobby De Cordova-Reid
16. Victor Kristiansen
17. Hamza Choudhury
20. Patson Daka
21. Ricardo Pereira
23. Jannik Vestergaard
24. Boubakary Soumaré
26. Ben Nelson
27. Wanya Marçal
28. Tom Cannon
30. Mads Hermansen (GK)
31. Daniel Iversen (GK)
33. Luke Thomas
34. Michael Golding
35. Kasey McAteer
37. Will Alves
40. Facundo Buonanotte
41. Jakub Stolarczyk (GK)
44. Sammy Braybrooke

I'd say that those in bold are either on their way, not good enough but stinking the place out, or in need of loans.

That leaves 15 players and 3 of them are longish term injured.

The last season that I think compares with this one was 2003/4 where we came up with virtually no money and were ill equipped for the level. So I thought I'd compare that squad to ours now. There was a lot more experience and depth back then.

1 Walker
2 Impey
3 Sinclair
5 Hignett
6 Izzet
7 Gillespie
8 Nalis
9 Ferdinand
10 Scowcroft
11 Stewart
12 Brooker
13 Freund
14 Davidson
15 Rogers
16 Coyne
18 Elliott
20 Benjamin
21 Scimeca
22 Dickov
25 Heath
27 Guppy
28 Canero
32 McKinlay
33 Thatcher
34 Priet
38 Bent
44 Dabizas

He’s played Kristiansen and Choudhury throughout pre-season

Can pretty much guarantee they’ll both be on the pitch on Monday night. So would Daka be if he hadn’t injured himself

Stinking the place out, as you say……

Hamza's always useful to have around if we get in a winning position (so could be pretty pointless this season). There's some absolute duffers that we'll never sell (ward) and they'll be here until the contract is up. Some like Thomas could get a loan out.

It sends a message
To who?

Hermansen knows he's our first choice. Cooper knows he's our first choice. We know as fans, that Hermansen is our first choice. I couldn't give a toss if he's not given a number at all and has a drawing of a nipple on his back, he's still our first choice.

I'm pretty sure he won't care either. It really doesn't matter.

Because it doesn't matter.
Did Kasper wear #1? I can't remember now, but I wonder if Ward might have managed to get it into his contract negotiations if it was available. Players have done that kind of thing before (probably most famously when Shearer went to Newcastle and displaced Les Ferdinand). Numbers clearly do matter to some players - whether it's taking a spot in the first eleven, a 'lucky' number, or to mirror one of their own sporting idols. Since we're clearly desperate to get rid of Ward, stripping him of his top number would also be a great further message that he's not needed.

To who?

Hermansen knows he's our first choice. Cooper knows he's our first choice. We know as fans, that Hermansen is our first choice. I couldn't give a toss if he's not given a number at all and has a drawing of a nipple on his back, he's still our first choice.

I'm pretty sure he won't care either. It really doesn't matter.
To me giving him the number one holds an implicit suggestion (accurate or otherwise) he's in the team plans.

To me giving him the number one holds an implicit suggestion (accurate or otherwise) he's in the team plans.

Yeah, but this will be shortly counteracted by us playing Hermansen in every single game and Danny Ward not even being on the bench

Why do people give a flying **** about this stuff?

Wibble wibble bing bong boodle

Yeah, but this will be shortly counteracted by us playing Hermansen in every single game and Danny Ward not even being on the bench

Why do people give a flying **** about this stuff?

Wibble wibble bing bong boodle
It’s a little bit like a job title in the way I’m seeing it

Even if everyone knows it’s a single sales guy that makes the company look good, calling someone else “senior sales exec” shows that there’s some belief in the deadweight

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  39
2Liverpool39
3Brighton37
4Arsenal37
5Newcastle37
6Brentford36
7Aston Villa36
8Bournemouth35
9Nottm F35
10Tottenham 34
11Chelsea34