St Etienne accept our offer for Fofana

Status
Not open for further replies.
So essentially. Ben Chilwell = Timothy Castagne + Wesley Fofana.
I'd say that represents good business given that Castagne has already proven he is at a higher level than Chilwell on his own. In that respect, Fofana could be treated as sort of a free hit.
30+ million is never a 'free hit'.

This is big, big money for us to be spending. Don't feel like we've ever made a signing like this? Spending big on a player unproven like this. I guess the closest comparison would be Maddison.

Exciting times.

Say what you will about big transfer fees not guaranteeing a good signing, but it definitely makes it exciting when you see players coming in for near record fees.

Apparently our 2nd most expensive transfer after Tielemans.

:chuncky: And there we were some on here bemoaning our lack of Transfer activity. And that we would spunk it all on a late deal for a overpriced player who thought he was much better than he actually was in reality.
Beckford where are you now:D

I'm pleased to see we have been persistent, paid the money and got the player that we want rather than ending up signing anyone because they were cheap enough. A sign that things are changing with the way we do business I hope.

Having wanted Tarkowski and based absolutely **** all, I’m quite excited about this.

I would be baffled if he turns up and isn't very good, or at least very promising. When you look at the real quality of Castagne and Praet, the awesome stats behind the Under deal and the good judgement they have shown on Mendy it would be really out of character for them to go so big on a dud when they could easily have said 'look, Amartey is back to play CB and we've just smashed Man City away'.

If Fofana has half the impact that or current big Wes has had on our team he will be a great success. I've watched Fofana play 4 times for his current team and he looks like a big, strong, quick centre half. Like the love child of Ndidi and Cags!

Can I be the first one to calmly predict that he will turn out to be complete shite

Finally, a bit of normality in 2020, Homer being a pessimistic old barstool.

If Fofana has half the impact that or current big Wes has had on our team he will be a great success. I've watched Fofana play 4 times for his current team and he looks like a big, strong, quick centre half. Like the love child of Ndidi and Cags!

Christ, there's an image

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758