Stadium Atmosphere

Yep. It's all about conditioning. Hence all the fuss & worry about online bullying. Endless media coverage of it as a major threat to the mental health of young people all over the country.

But no matter how hard I try to understand, I'm afraid that, to me, **** all has actually happened to anybody & the whole thing is a load of old bollocks. I've been quite brutally attacked online over the years, including a couple of death threats. My only reaction has been to find the whole thing utterly hilarious. We should probably teach the youth to adopt the same attitude. Might help.

I've been a member of this forum for almost 20 years for example, but I would never think of saying that I actually KNOW anyone on here. I don't. Of course I don't. I know your internet personas. & you all know mine. It aint real life & never will be. I think people would be happier in general if we found a way to actually drill that fact into the heads of people who've never known a world without the ****ing internet.

You may not know us, but we certainly know you

You’re a right ****

Lot of the moaning old ****s were absent today, which was nice

Most of their tickets were taken up by young families. Didn’t add anything at all to the atmosphere, but sooner them sit and watch in relative silence, but clearly loving every single minute (even that first half), than the entitled old ****ers who sit with their arms crossed waiting to be entertained.

Long may this general sale thing continue, and let’s hope the entitled ****s all **** off

Yep. It's all about conditioning. Hence all the fuss & worry about online bullying. Endless media coverage of it as a major threat to the mental health of young people all over the country.

But no matter how hard I try to understand, I'm afraid that, to me, **** all has actually happened to anybody & the whole thing is a load of old bollocks. I've been quite brutally attacked online over the years, including a couple of death threats. My only reaction has been to find the whole thing utterly hilarious. We should probably teach the youth to adopt the same attitude. Might help.

I've been a member of this forum for almost 20 years for example, but I would never think of saying that I actually KNOW anyone on here. I don't. Of course I don't. I know your internet personas. & you all know mine. It aint real life & never will be. I think people would be happier in general if we found a way to actually drill that fact into the heads of people who've never known a world without the ****ing internet.
So much there I agree with - but if it wasn't for the internet - I woudn't be able to see the City (our City - not the media's). If people feel their mental health is affected by a social (anti-social?) site - they can cease contact or go elsewhere, it's not like people are raining actual missiles down upon you.

At the stadium - I guess it's up to the individual whether they shout, cheer, boo or groan in frustration or merely turn to the suppoter next them and say "FFS, he's shit" or " bloody brilliant" or whatever I shout out loud when I'm watch on the TV or a live stream.

There's plenty of kids who get picked on through Facebook, Twitter, Snap Chat etc. This shit is real, I've seen it on many occasions.

There's plenty of kids who get picked on through Facebook, Twitter, Snap Chat etc. This shit is real, I've seen it on many occasions.
I absolutely know that it happens. What I'm saying is that it should be regarded as an irrelevance. If we insist on telling young people that they are victims due to people saying nasty shit on an internet site, all we do is reinforce the antics of the sort of ****s who engage in it. These ****ing losers will then do it all the more & gain a power they don't deserve. It should be about breaking the cycle, not encouraging it.

If you grow up believing you've genuinely been a victim because someone pursued a vendetta against you on some poxy website then how are you going to deal with actual, real life bullying ? In the workplace, or in an abusive relationship? We need to breed stronger people & focus on exposing how utterly worthless online stalkers & trolls are. Turn them into figures of ridicule instead of glorifying them as a genuine threat, which is exactly what they want. We're playing into their hands with the current approach.

I absolutely know that it happens. What I'm saying is that it should be regarded as an irrelevance. If we insist on telling young people that they are victims due to people saying nasty shit on an internet site, all we do is reinforce the antics of the sort of ****s who engage in it. These ****ing losers will then do it all the more & gain a power they don't deserve. It should be about breaking the cycle, not encouraging it.

If you grow up believing you've genuinely been a victim because someone pursued a vendetta against you on some poxy website then how are you going to deal with actual, real life bullying ? In the workplace, or in an abusive relationship? We need to breed stronger people & focus on exposing how utterly worthless online stalkers & trolls are. Turn them into figures of ridicule instead of glorifying them as a genuine threat, which is exactly what they want. We're playing into their hands with the current approach.
Started a bit rocky but I definitely ended up agreeing with you there.

I know someone who works with this sort of stuff in college. Fully 30% of her students have some sort of special requirements for exams. Stupid stuff like extra time for anxiety and stress.

I am sure some of them are genuine quivering wrecks, but not 30% of the population, or we'll all screwed.

Maybe it’s only just being recognised.
I was a quivering wreck before exams, and that was 40 odd years ago.

Maybe it’s only just being recognised.
I was a quivering wreck before exams, and that was 40 odd years ago.
It's this. I've just been diagnosed with ASD. I'm in my mid-forties, but looking back it's amazing how I went through life and how many others around me probably were too. I absolutely wouldn't wish it on anyone, it's so good that these things are now being picked up on

It's this. I've just been diagnosed with ASD. I'm in my mid-forties, but looking back it's amazing how I went through life and how many others around me probably were too. I absolutely wouldn't wish it on anyone, it's so good that these things are now being picked up on
My son was diagnosed with autism very early and the interventions, resources and therapies we’ve been able to lean on has been an enormous help. I have no idea where he/we would be without it.

I think it’s also safe to say there is a vein of ASD running through my extended family, undiagnosed, and as a result quite a few cousins, aunts, etc have had a very very difficult time throughout their lives.

You have my sympathies and while it may sound backwards, congratulations on the diagnosis, it will help you significantly, I hope

There's a vein running through my wife's side of the family too. Two of my grandchildren (from a stepdaughter) have been diagnosed with it, not bad but it certainly would have affected them if the help hadn't been available.

Once we looked into it with the first one who was diagnosed it became apparent that my wife has very similar problems but over the years she managed to work around them, with some difficulty.

It also became evident that females due to "societal norms" that they are expected to follow are often ignored and they therefore end up masking what their problems are which in the long run doesn't do themn a lot of good.

This thread really wound me up. Probably more than any other. Brain dead idiots slagging off their own fans is about as wrong headed as it gets.

I know why I get to the KP five minutes before kickoff and leave five minutes before the end. And it's not because I'm not a proper fan.

I'm not a keen listener to this podcast. I disagree with those on it too often. However this one really hit me hard and I'd advise all those on here that have posted total bollocks on this thread to listen, especially to Ryan.

I listen to BSLB. It’s generally quite good. I’m on annual leave this week so haven’t listened (it’s a drive to and from work listen).

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363
9Middlesbro4463
10Preston 4463