Stadium development latest

t could be as much as half a billion. Where is the money coming from?
I would imagine a loan from a Bank.

They will have some sort of projected revenue that the increased capacity and extra infrastructure like the hotel and concert venue will have and borrow against that over a number of years

I would imagine a loan from a Bank.

They will have some sort of projected revenue that the increased capacity and extra infrastructure like the hotel and concert venue will have and borrow against that over a number of years
They'll probably leverage every possible future revenue stream and borrow against future season ticket sales, hotel revenue, rentals etc. with little or no underwriting by KP because thy don't have the revenue at the moment.

What could possibly go wrong?
I know but there is one positive, the stadium is registered as a community asset and it is very difficult to disconnect it from the football club and sell it (ala Derby etc) but all of the new development except the stand increase should be freely tradeable if the shit hit the fan for the club, selling an arena, flats and a hotel might save city one day.

I know but there is one positive, the stadium is registered as a community asset and it is very difficult to disconnect it from the football club and sell it (ala Derby etc) but all of the new development except the stand increase should be freely tradeable if the shit hit the fan for the club, selling an arena, flats and a hotel might save city one day.

The stadium is already disconnected from the football club. King Power own it, not Leicester City. Some think that doesn't matter but I disagree.

King Power may be unable to bulldoze the stadium but they are free to sell it to whoever they like or retain it and charge future club owners rent. As we've seen at several other clubs, detaching the stadium from the club can be very risky.

The club with its World class training ground and the stadium expansion/redevelopment would be a very attractive proposition, Leicester in comparison to a lot of similar sized clubs especially with its potential to fill a 40000 seater stadium would be cheap in comparison

They'll probably leverage every possible future revenue stream and borrow against future season ticket sales, hotel revenue, rentals etc. with little or no underwriting by KP because thy don't have the revenue at the moment.
Or, as is most likely the case, it will be absolutely nothing like this. The loan will be borrowed against future revenue but that will be underpinned and financed by King Power and not the club if things deteriorate. That would be the only sensible way to do business. KP is worth much more than its profits alone and, with the travel industry picking up substantially, they will begin to grow their portfolio and their profits quickly.

It is something we absolutely should get excited about. What is the point in being a football supporter if your time is spent worrying about the business more than the fun of it all? Enjoy the ride.

The stadium is already disconnected from the football club. King Power own it, not Leicester City. Some think that doesn't matter but I disagree.

King Power may be unable to bulldoze the stadium but they are free to sell it to whoever they like or retain it and charge future club owners rent. As we've seen at several other clubs, detaching the stadium from the club can be very risky.
It can, I agree, but it can also be of benefit. In our case, I'm not sure it matters too much at all given the nature of our ownership and the history of their running of the club thus far. You're right though, in the past this has been incredibly problematic for other clubs.

The stadium is on the list of assets of community value registered with the council, these lists are designed to protect developments and reduce their value to investors with no link to the asset.

It is something we absolutely should get excited about. What is the point in being a football supporter if your time is spent worrying about the business more than the fun of it all? Enjoy the ride.
This all day long ^^^^

I don't need to worry about how the club is funded I just want to enjoy watching Leicester and if its in a world class stadium where I have a season ticket then happy days

The way the world is going right now worrying about how king power finance the club is so far down the list of priorities as you can get.

P. S Rodgers is still a knob.

Or, as is most likely the case, it will be absolutely nothing like this. The loan will be borrowed against future revenue but that will be underpinned and financed by King Power and not the club if things deteriorate. That would be the only sensible way to do business. KP is worth much more than its profits alone and, with the travel industry picking up substantially, they will begin to grow their portfolio and their profits quickly.

I've said this time and time again.

They have a cash flow problem, but as travel picks up again, I see people wanting to go abroad more than ever. I already see it amongst my peers, everyone's always going somewhere in my circle of peers. People are living their lives and as far as i can see, more motivated to do so than ever.

This is a short-term issue, and as long as we stay in the Prem, we'll overcome any immediate financial woes. Increase the worth of the club, revenue, position, brand etc. Also, borrowing the money makes total sense, why would you out in your own cash?

All that is happening this week is the grant of planning permission. That will be good for 5 years, so there is no pressure to get the diggers in immediately. They will be able to choose what how and when or if they go ahead. Having planning permission in hand also has the happy side effect of increases the paper value of the site. It would be profitable to do some parts (eg the flats) even if the whole project became too much of a risk in the short term.

The meeting on Wednesday that was due to approve this has been cancelled. Queenie.
Why are only certain things being cancelled ?
I'd love to have extra time off even unpaid but the company I work for would lose millions if we all didn't work so that's never going to happen.
Whats the betting public sector workers gets time off to morn even if you couldn't stand the Royal family.
My wife works in a Dr's surgery and they are already planning for the "Long weekend" all fully paid for
All in it together My Hairy Arse we are. Though I expect my taxes will have to pay for it....

Flag shaggers like the rugby so that can go ahead.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757
9Preston 3756
10Middlesbro3854