Stadium development latest

I was hoping we'd be selected as one of the Euro 2028 venues, but apparently not:

I thought it might be a way for us to get some financial support towards the development, ah well never mind.

I was hoping we'd be selected as one of the Euro 2028 venues, but apparently not:

I thought it might be a way for us to get some financial support towards the development, ah well never mind.

After reading that article about Everton's finances will their ground be finished?

Leicester City Football Club is pleased to confirm that its hybrid planning application for the development of the King Power Stadium and surrounding site has now received formal approval from Leicester City Council, following the Council planning committee’s initial approval in September 2022. This final decision had been held pending the finalisation of a Section 106 agreement in relation to the proposed development, which has now been concluded.

The Club welcomes this endorsement of the planning committee’s previous approval and thanks its fellow city stakeholders for their continued cooperation and support for a developmental vision that will be transformational for the city and the region.

Our hybrid application, initially submitted for consideration in October 2021 following an extensive public consultation process, consisted of a detailed planning application for an East Stand expansion of 8,000 seats, along with an outline application for a wider masterplan, including a fanzone and public realm, an event and entertainment arena, a 220-room hotel, a residential tower and a new flagship club retail space.

The wider masterplan is critical to the viability of the overall project, and the grant of outline permission for these additional elements represents a critical milestone for the overall development, whilst also providing the Club with an opportunity now to reassess its detailed proposals in light of market dynamics which have changed significantly since the Club’s proposals were initially submitted. The Club’s acquisition of further adjacent land since the planning application was first submitted can now also be factored into our vision for the overall site, and presents a further opportunity to strengthen the Club’s overall commercial proposition.

It will be the responsibility of the Club’s leadership to ensure that the final detailed plans for a project of such longevity deliver optimal value, particularly given the scale of investment which will be required from the Club and its owners to bring it to fruition. The Club looks forward to advancing those detailed proposals, while continuing to monitor associated market conditions, which will enable us to plan an appropriate timeline for development work to commence.

In other words, we're fecked if we can do this at the moment cos we're skint so it's going on the back burner.

It does indeed look like a, ‘we won’t do it just yet’ statement.

Nor should we - we can't get our act together on ticketing to fill the ground as it is, so spunking a billionty pounds on another 8,000 empty seats would be ****ing ludicrous

8,000 more people to leave the game early......

And with 8,000 extra people, they may have to start leaving even earlier.

8,000 more people to leave the game early......

And with 8,000 extra people, they may have to start leaving even earlier.
Or they might leave later, to miss the early rush. People will probably be sat in their seats until 15 minutes after the final whistle.

6,000 new season tickets & 2.000 for members. A hotel nobody can afford to stay in. Luxury flats to buy at 500k or rent at 500 quid a week. Overpriced retail with a massive markup for being located at a " prestige space " Bland, soulless coffee shops & chain restaurants.

& a fanzone ? Yep. For the 5000 people who can't afford a ticket to stand around & pretend to be part of something they've actually been purposely excluded from.

**** off with your shite.

6,000 new season tickets & 2.000 for members. A hotel nobody can afford to stay in. Luxury flats to buy at 500k or rent at 500 quid a week. Overpriced retail with a massive markup for being located at a " prestige space " Bland, soulless coffee shops & chain restaurants.

& a fanzone ? Yep. For the 5000 people who can't afford a ticket to stand around & pretend to be part of something they've actually been purposely excluded from.

**** off with your shite.
#progress

Well I think it’s quite good. The stadium is pretty basic. Lots to improve and it advances the club further. Things change. Adapt and change with it or die.

Well I think it’s quite good. The stadium is pretty basic. Lots to improve and it advances the club further. Things change. Adapt and change with it or die.
Not everything should be adapted to. Fascism & incest have no place in my world model & neither should a shopping centre with a football pitch stuck in the middle of it.

I grew up with " Press Button A " Now I've got a smartphone. I've adapted enough I reckon.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Ipswich4389
2Leicester4288
3Leeds Utd4387
4Southampton4181
5West Brom4372
6Norwich City4371
7Hull City4265
8Coventry City4263
9Middlesbro4363
10Preston 4263