Speculation Stadium to be expanded to 48,000

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brown Nose

The person telling all about the training ground development online is now telling all about what comes next.

According to said person, the plans have evolved since the initial consultation was completed and they now want to expand to 48,000 with a massive new, multi tiered, East Stand.

The overall expansion is due to begin at the end of this season with the complete demolition of the current East Stand and the project will cost well over £200m. Apparently, a contractor has been appointed and plans are expected to be revealed in the next few weeks.

The whole site behind the East Stand up to Aylestone Road is now owned by City except for the Eon site which may come up for possible sale next month. Initial plans included an indoor Arena behind the East Stand as well as a hotel, fan park and multi storey car park.

In the below picture, you can see the top of the current North/South stands poking out of the edge of the new stand which gives you a sense of the scale of it.

1605976185836.png

The person telling all about the training ground development online is now telling all about what comes next.

According to said person, the plans have evolved since the initial consultation was completed and they now want to expand to 48,000 with a massive new, multi tiered, East Stand.

The overall expansion is due to begin at the end of this season with the complete demolition of the current East Stand and the project will cost well over £200m. Apparently, a contractor has been appointed and plans are expected to be revealed in the next few weeks.

The whole site behind the East Stand up to Aylestone Road is now owned by City except for the Eon site which may come up for possible sale next month. Initial plans included an indoor Arena behind the East Stand as well as a hotel, fan park and multi storey car park.

In the below picture, you can see the top of the current North/South stands poking out of the edge of the new stand which gives you a sense of the scale of it.

View attachment 15594
So the additional seats would be the equivalent of 50% of the current total capacity, all in one stand :017:

So the additional seats would be the equivalent of 50% of the current total capacity, all in one stand :017:

Yep, I know. It would mean that the new East Stand would be bigger than the new main stand at Liverpool.

Although, one of the original pictures did show additional seats in the North and South stands as part of the whole development so maybe that is happening too. You'd imagine that they'd need to do plenty of work on the West Stand as well as the new East Stand would become the 'Main Stand'.

The rest of the ground would look ridiculous with a stand that size and of that design quality.

Don't get me wrong I'm glad they are going for 48k rather than a paltry 40k but one amazing stand and three mecano budget sides would be weird.

The rest of the ground would look ridiculous with a stand that size and of that design quality.

Don't get me wrong I'm glad they are going for 48k rather than a paltry 40k but one amazing stand and three mecano budget sides would be weird.
Good job our existing ground looks quite good then.

I had heard about another venue being built outside the ground. I presume this is for concerts, entertainment etc.

I had heard about another venue being built outside the ground. I presume this is for concerts, entertainment etc.
I was asked to fill in a consultation survey about stadium expansion, back in august last year and there was a whole section on an arena within the survey.

Not wanting to put a dampener on it but the current unrest in Thailand will probably have a greater detrimental impact on tourism than Covid so I do wonder where the finance is going to come from.

Not wanting to put a dampener on it but the current unrest in Thailand will probably have a greater detrimental impact on tourism than Covid so I do wonder where the finance is going to come from.
Aren’t we “relatively” self financing these days? I know we use loan facilities against future income, but that’s still working within our financial means. I’m not sure the owners have put a huge amount in in recent years, have they? I’m probably very wrong though, so feel free to ignore if I am.

Brings back memories of how excited everyone was to get a new stadium.

Relegation. Administration. The club 12 hours from ceasing to exist. A decade of obscurity. Dave ****ing Bassett. 3rd Division football.

<Shudder>

Brings back memories of how excited everyone was to get a new stadium.

Relegation. Administration. The club 12 hours from ceasing to exist. A decade of obscurity. Dave ****ing Bassett. 3rd Division football.

<Shudder>
Miserable ****

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861