Speculation Stadium to be expanded to 48,000

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe we will develop the other stands as, when and if required?

Not wanting to put a dampener on it but the current unrest in Thailand will probably have a greater detrimental impact on tourism than Covid so I do wonder where the finance is going to come from.
We're probably not big enough to blatantly cheat on FFP, like Human Rights FC, so that's probably a bit irrelevant

We are having a long hard look at it. Parents definitely coming home permanently.

When we retire in the next year or two we're upping sticks and leaving too. Not coming back to the UK though, we were looking at a couple of other places but the pandemic has caused some problems in that regard.

If the East stand is going to be demolished to accommodate the rebuild, will that mean we will have to play our home games somewhere else for a season +?
I suppose we could just have the Ricoh seeing as Coventry have mo need for it?!

If the East stand is going to be demolished to accommodate the rebuild, will that mean we will have to play our home games somewhere else for a season +?

I'd rather we asked our own egg chasers if we could share Welford Road. Terraces, drinking beer, pitch like a ploughed field, very nostalgic.

When we redeveloped the main stand at Filbert St I vaguely remember the wrecking ball coming in on the day of the last home match and didn't we move some home games to away when the new season kicked off ?
Maybe we could do something similar this time around.

When we redeveloped the main stand at Filbert St I vaguely remember the wrecking ball coming in on the day of the last home match and didn't we move some home games to away when the new season kicked off ?
Maybe we could do something similar this time around.
We played the play-off semi final home leg at Forest, at the end of that season. Good day out.

Follow on from my last post

We played Pompey at Forests ground in the play off semis, (Joachim scored for us in a 1-0 win)

This is exactly why we should have done the work this season.

Working on the basis that some of this is true, I hope it’s fairly steep in there. The difference between Arsenal’s stadium and Spurs’ new stadium is large, IMO. Spurs is much better, as the steep pitch of the stands keeps the noise and atmosphere in much better.

Working on the basis that some of this is true, I hope it’s fairly steep in there. The difference between Arsenal’s stadium and Spurs’ new stadium is large, IMO. Spurs is much better, as the steep pitch of the stands keeps the noise and atmosphere in much better.
The only thing missing is something to cheer about.

Question - can you fit more people in a stand with “safe standing”?
If so, could it be that the 48k figure is because it’s easier to fit a larger number into a smaller area? That figure still sounds very high to me, if it’s predominantly in one stand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757