Speculation Stadium to be expanded to 48,000

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very pretty - but that won’t hold another 16,000 fans, so either the picture is complete bollocks or we are aiming much lower than 48k

Very pretty - but that won’t hold another 16,000 fans, so either the picture is complete bollocks or we are aiming much lower than 48k
The initial report said that the current East Stand would be demolished to make way for the new stand. This one talks about an upper level to be built on top of the current stand and the picture shows the present stand still in place

It might also include the reported 6000 seat indoor arena, they could play the game on a screen and increase the attendance.

Here's a thought. Surely if we are expanding the stadium to somewhere in the realm of 40,000 we'd have to be considered as a host city for the 2030 world cup bid.

Here's a thought. Surely if we are expanding the stadium to somewhere in the realm of 40,000 we'd have to be considered as a host city for the 2030 world cup bid.
Iirc 40k is the usual minimum capacity so I’d hope so

Could that be why it’s gone a bit quiet? Maybe the recent news about the World Cup bid could mean there’s potentially some funding available to help with our expansion?

Our accounts are due to be published any day. That should indicate where our finances are and whether we've invested any more into the stadium.

My guess is that we've understandably shelved it.

Our accounts are due to be published any day. That should indicate where our finances are and whether we've invested any more into the stadium.

My guess is that we've understandably shelved it.
I don’t doubt for one minute that our accounts will look pretty poor. As I said, maybe we’ve also realised that it may pay to wait a bit, as there may be some governmental assistance, if we try to make ourselves part of the World Cup package.

Am I completely mad but why do City need to waste money on boosting the stadium to 48,00 capacity? There will be thousands of empty seats on matchday unless I've missed something and we've suddenly gained a bigger following.

Am I completely mad but why do City need to waste money on boosting the stadium to 48,00 capacity? There will be thousands of empty seats on matchday unless I've missed something and we've suddenly gained a bigger following.

The same was said about the increase in capacity from filbo to the kp. We got some crowds in the prem at filbo which were lower than we got in league one.

Not sure how many additional fans we'd get. Most likely me and the kids would get 3 season tickets and my ma & her bloke would consider it too. 5 down....10k+ to go.

I am quite, quite certain that the club will have done a lot of data analysis on this: including season ticket requests, memberships, surveys etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757